Wouldnt it be great if we were DEAD!?

I trudged through the forest, my knees were weak from searching through the dark, desolate trees for any sign of life. In my hand I held a sharp, silver dagger. My hair was unkempt, my clothes were torn, I didn't care. All I really cared about was the death of the man who killed the people I trusted. You're probably thinking: But she's only sixteen! Age doesn't matter in my perspective(plus yesterday was my birthday I'm officially seventeen). I had to kill this man, I had to kill this man. That was all that was running through my head. My empty, taunting voice called through the trees.

"COME OUT RYDER!! COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!"

I sounded as crazy as he was.

The dark trees seemed to move in on me and the eerie song started again. I wasn't afraid.

"OH SHUT UP!! I''M NOT SCARED OF YOU!!" I shouted.

The voices abruptly stopped, but a man lurched out of the dark trees toward me, the same voodoo-like grin was haunting his face, as if he enjoyed killing and murdering people. I was taken aback by his wide, deadly cold eyes. My knees went weaker. His raspy, high, shrieking voice invaded my thoughts.

"Come back for MORE!? I thought once I killed your sassy little BOYFRIEND you would be DONE with!"

"Ryder. I'm not scared of you. I know what you became. I've come to kill you." I said in the most confident voice I could muster.

He grinned wider, he held out his arms slowly and shakily.

"Hit me with your best SHOT!!" He cackled at the sky.

I walked toward him slowly and hesitantly but he was at my side faster than I could ever run. His icy breath was in my ear.

"I've come to kill YOU."

The statement made me cringe. I collected my bearings and turned to face him in one swift movement, holding the tip of my silver blade up to his neck. I was so close to pushing it in. His eyes went wide and he laughed, turning his head up to the sky. Every cackle sounded close to a deranged wolf. When he was finished laughing he held his blade to my chest. I stiffened, but I wasn't afraid.

"I can see your weaknesses...GIRLIE...you want revenge...revenge for me killing your beloved boyfriend...but if you push that blade into my neck, MINE GOES INTO THAT PRETTY LITTLE HEART OF YOURS! AHAHAHAHA!!" He cackled.

I threatened him further, pushing the knife closer. His eyes widened and I saw him frown.

"Try me." I pushed.

He cocked his head.

"You ARE a piece of work aren't YOU!" Every time he spoke he lurched in his speak, changing from screaming to regular talking.

I threatened the knife closer, so did he.

"Just DO IT already girl!!" He chided.

I sweated like a mad dog in the summertime. I had never killed anyone in my life. I finally broke up the courage and shut my eyes, pushing the dreaded dagger into the skin of his neck. I heard choking, coughing, sputtering. I think he was coughing up blood. Then all of a sudden I felt a jagged, unbearable pain in my chest. I collapsed to the ground in pain, clutching my stomach. My arms hit something with a handle. My vision was blurry but I lightly pulled out a silver, bloody knife, from inside of my chest. My I felt my heart giving out, life flashing before my eyes. All I could do was lay there with my eyes wide, waiting for my time to come. I bled out, more and more blood was on the ground now, and it was mine. It got to the point when all vision was lost. My last few seconds on earth...I was left thinking...so this is death. Goodbye oblivion.