Silence is valued

That night I walked back into my room alone. Gee had gone back to ValHaven, and I had to face my emotions for the night all by myself. The first thing I saw when I walked into the room was my once wide, open window. It was covered in hard, cold iron bars, thrust evenly in horizontal stripes, only tiny slivers of moonlight showed through the slight cracks. I bent on my knees in front of the window, my head was in my hands. Why!? Why had she barred up the only thing that made me happy in life? My only escape!? I traced the fresh scar that had formed on my forehead and brushed some of my hair over it. I sat at my desk, leaning back on my chair and drumming on my desk with two black pencils. I guess I would never be truly happy.

Gerard P.O.V.

I walked into my makeshift house. The roof was crumbling, the table was broken along with all the chairs but I loved it anyway. My keen eyes formed on Fluffy who was perched delicately on the tall man who sat at the table. He was reading a newspaper, which he most likely stole on his thieving expedition this morning. The funny thing was that I didn't know why Ash would steal a newspaper, it wasn't like he actually read or anything. I, on the other hand thought that reading was absolutely prodigious, so many tiny, vast, unimaginable universes and characters with deep, emotionally real personalities all stuffed onto a book that you could just slip under your arm, it was extremely mesmerizing to me actually. And most of them usually had happy endings, which was another great thing about books. You can just picture yourself in that person's perspective, and you know that it will end up great. I wish it were like that in real life. I guess everyone just has to accept that you won't have a happy ending, because everyone dies. I felt a cold texture on my shoulder. Someone was tapping to get my attention. I faced Ash.

"Yes?" I asked.

He smiled.

"Ya daydreaming boy?" He asked with a smug grin.

I shook my head.

"Yah. Alright. You be thinking about that girl aren't ya?" He winked.

I blushed and stared at my feet. My thoughts raced back to Ivy, with her black band tees and many colored converse. I think the reason I liked her was because she could see my emotions, she knew when something was wrong. I have always wanted a friend like that, someone who could listen me even when I pushed my thoughts aside. I put on a smile for everyone, tried to be brave, but I suppose my mind had other plans. I miss them. I want to know who they are, what they looked like, and if they really loved me as much as Ash says they do. I suppose Ivy was just someone I could vent to, a person who was there when no one else understood me. It just happens to help that she is super funny and cute and different. She is different than all the girls I have ever met. She sort of has multiple personalities in a way. She's not really as goth as she looks when she's around me, she kind of acts like a kid in a candy store. Her most gothic personality is when she's with other people, she always has a permanent frown on. It's kind of satisfying to see her smile when she sees me every night.

"No, I told you, she's truthfully just my friend." I replied to Ash.

He scoffed. I sat on the chair opposite him and pushed the newspaper down so I could see his one good eye. In all of the years he has raised me he never told me what happened to the other one. I squinted at him.

"What happened to your eye?" I asked.

Ash suddenly looked grave. Then laughed nervously.

"Why do ya want to know such a thing boy?"

I stared at him.

"Ash, I've lived with you for 15 years. I deserve to know."

He sighed, laying a hand on the back of his neck, right below his silver hair. He looked up at me hopefully, as if I had changed my mind. I hadn't.