I'm not okay

My eyes widened and I ran after him, he was very fast. The dark trees soon enveloped the half-light that glowed from the broad sky. I should hardly see Gerard but I made out a small shadow of a person through the dark. I followed what I could see of him. Finally I saw a small clearing, the dim light showed me a few steps onto the leafy path through the woods. I saw just enough to see the beginning of the camps. Gerard had run ahead of me and I was about two seconds there when I heard a thick branch snap from about 10 meters away. I briskly shook my head in the direction of the small sound. I searched the ominous dark trees for any sign of anything that was living or moving. I saw nothing. An eerie silence crept over the forest, the only thing that made a sound was a few faded crows over head, and the soft twig snapping that came again and again, closer and closer now. I slowly backed up two steps and grabbed a thick tree branch from off the ground. The footsteps picked up the pace, running now, coming for me. I backed up, picking up my pace as well, I tripped and fell suddenly. The footsteps were louder and louder, my skin crawled. Suddenly I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I screamed at the top of my lungs, waiting for the fangs to encase me. Nothing came, I couldn't hear the footsteps anymore either, just the light sound of the fire crackling from the bonfire a few feet away. I looked up and saw Gerard perched on the large dark gray rock I was laying against. He gave me a worried look. I let out a puff of air and stood up.

"Oh my gosh Gee, you scared me half to death."

He puzzled at me.

"Okay, first of all, what happened and second of all, what did you just call me?"

I laughed,

"I was just spooked by the woods I guess, and I thought I could shorten your name. Gee. I like it. I mean...if you don't like it then I could stop..."

He smiled in a satisfied way.

"It's fine, I like it." He smiled and hopped off the rock, wrapping an arm around my shoulders warmly.

We walked into the clearing and I saw the whole village all piled around a huge campfire, there were logs for everyone to sit on. I saw Ash sitting next to Sophie, his one green eye smiled eagerly at us and his falcon screeched from off the perch on his arm. A smug grin was plated on his tanned face. Gee(pronounced like Jee)noticed.

"What?" He mouthed angrily at the falconer.

Ash grinned.

"Gerard here's got himself a girlfriend! I knew he could do it eventually!" Ash's pirate-like accent rang out and everyone snickered.

Gee blushed and looked at the ground, pulling his hand off my shoulders and clasping his hands at his waist nervously. I looked at him quickly, feeling a tinge bad for him.

"LEAVE THE POOR BOY ALONE ASH!" A loud female voice called.

I saw Sophie standing on her feet, scowling at the now cowering Ash. Her large, dark figure towered over him, her tall chocolate hair fell in front of her scowling face. Everyone stopped chuckling.

"Can't you dimwits see that Gerard just has a friend!? Does it surprise you or something!? Don't make any difference that she's a girl!" She snapped.

I felt myself blushing and Gee smiled at me, I smiled back.

Everyone began to settle down and Gee took a seat next to Ash, who smiled at him and pulled his arm over his shoulder. Gee smiled brightly at Ash and I took a seat next to him. He beamed at me and the hot fiery embers from the flame echoed off his pale features. A muffled screech echoed from the comfortable silence and Fluffy hopped over to me, his dark brown feathered body and knobby golden legs perched themselves on the shoulder of my Pierce the Veil shirt. I looked at him and into his luminous golden eyes. He cocked his head to the left. I giggled and glanced up at Ash, he was smiling.