Not a Worry in the World

My eyes widened and I stared at him. I had never seen his parents, and in my past life, he didn't know them either, I wonder what happened. He stared at them as they spoke, their voices were as soft and velvety as Gee's.

"Ah, Gerard, Ivy, of what do I owe the pleasure?" Gee's father asked with a smile.

Gee looked up at them with a worried expression.

"Ivy went back to her past life." He said.

Gee's father's smile faded and he sat foreword, looking at his wife, who stared at him as if they were having a conversation through their eyes. She looked at me.

"Ivy, honey, do you remember who I am?" She asked me.

I thought about what the right answer was.

"I...I think your Gerard's mother, but I've never seen you before." I responded.

She glanced at Gee's father with a worried glance, they both looked back at Gee.

"Who died?" She asked.

"Me, Ivy, Piper, Ryder, and you. That's it." Gee answered.

Gee's mother looked at me with a sorrowful smile.

"I'm sorry dear, this must be terribly hard for you. My name is Pandora, this is Edward, my husband." Gee's mother explained.

"Why was it bad that I went to my past life?" I asked.

Pandora smiled apologetically and looked at her husband. They looked back at Gee.

"We don't have time to explain, we're going to look for Ash and the boys, can you explain it to her?" Edward explained.

Gee nodded, turning to me. I flashed him a worried glance. He swung his arm around my waist and pulled me into the next room, sitting me on the dark red velvet chair. I turned to him, we sat so close.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

He sighed.

"You live in a place called the DarkLands, it's a place after death, after life. Most people die and come here but some people are born here, like you. The people who are born here can go back to Earth and live a short life, that is not their own. These people are not born with a life, they have a life in the DarkLands, but never a human life. There is always a chance that when they go back to Earth, they will receive a past life, a human life, and this is very dangerous. Those who die in your past life will be here in the DarkLands, but those who live, you will have to wait until they die to see them again, you will have to wait until your past life is over. Your memory is still in your past life as well, we have to restore your memory." Gee explained.

I slowly nodded. He smiled, pulling me in closer. I shivered.

"I know it's hard for you." He whispered.

I sighed.

"I freaking had to watch two of my favorite people die, then die myself, just to wake up in some weird spirit realm where they suddenly appear again and I am suddenly some sort of Shadow Bride? No, I'm fine."

He laughed, I laughed with him. Then I wondered something.

"Piper said my name is Ivy Way. Your last name is Way...does that mean we're..."

Gee raised one black eyebrow, even though he had bleach white hair.

"Married? Yes, yes we are." He grinned brightly.

He was so adorable. I smiled, leaning my head into his shoulder. He was warm and smelled like roses and ashes.

"Gee?" I asked.

He looked at me, listening intently.

"Will I ever have to see my parents again?" I asked.

"I didn't think you wanted to see your mom again." He stated.

I sighed.

"I don't...I just miss my father."

"You'll see your parents again, when your past life is over. I don't think your mom will bother you much though, you are the Shadow Bride after all."

I smiled, then puzzled a bit.

"What is a Shadow Bride? It sounds like something that would be in a Tim Burton movie."

Gee smiled and laughed shortly.

"The Shadow Bride is a very important individual, she is one of the head directors of the Black Parade, the bride of the Parade Master. The King and Queen respect her with great favor."

I smiled, I felt special.

"Does she get any special powers or anything?" I asked.

He smiled and shook his head.

"You're not Storm Ivy."

I can't believe he remembered. I laughed and elbowed him. He stood, I took his hand and he led me to the other side of the room, next to the window, we stood and watched the silent people walking and swiftly bustling about beneath the dark grey ashy sky. I smiled.

"It's so cool here, this is the place I would want to live forever, this is like a dream...is it a dream?" I panicked.

Gee smiled and looked down, scanning the crowds with his hazel eyes, possibly searching for answers.

"No, it's real. Very real."

I nodded. He turned to me. I smiled at him, I could feel his cool, slight breathing on my neck. I didn't know what he was planning on doing. He leaned closer, I couldn't help but lean in, pressing my painted black lips against his. He seemed much more desiring, he held much more lust. I don't know if I liked it. He wrapped his arms around me swiftly and held onto my lips. My heart raced faster and faster, my head was spinning. We finally pulled away but he still kept me close. I smiled, I couldn't help it. He laughed sweetly.

"Hello Ivy." He whispered.

My eyes widened.

"Hi..." I tittered breathlessly.

He smiled a famous half smile and his eyes glowed.

"You seem a bit flustered." His voice was wavered.

"Maybe just a bit..." I smiled dreamily.

He laughed breathlessly.

"C'mon, you must be starving."

I couldn't even think about food right now, I tried to regain myself, standing on my own, following Gee into the next room. The kitchen was painted in dark red walls and the floor was black and white checkerboard tile, lots of clear glass furniture stood in all directions, a huge black fridge stood against the opposite wall. I watched him as he walked over to it, pulling out two tins of dark blackberries, it was as if the whole city was either black or white. We ate, the berries were the juiciest, messiest berries I've ever eaten. Gee smiled at me.

"Hey, you've got something on your shirt." He said.

I looked down and he pushed my head up, hitting my forehead. I can't believe I fell for that. We both started laughing.

"I hate you." I rolled my eyes.

He laughed.

After we ate, Gee showed me around the town, everything was even more haunting and beautiful than I had imagined. I loved it here, everything was perfect. But I sort of missed being alive. I thought of this as I slipped into bed, wearing a loose black tee and black and white checked pajama bottoms. Gee had to prepare over night for the Black Parade, I was fascinated by this Black Parade idea, it was truly jarring. Plus Gee was an amazing singer. I fingered the smooth black rock on the long necklace that was usually hidden under my shirt or dress. The soft, dark black covers of the bed were up to my neck and I felt myself slipping deeper into the soft, heavenly queen-sized bed. My eyes shut and I fell asleep, not a worry in the world.