9

Charlie's POV:

I thought I had screwed up when Leondre pulled away my arm. But the way he grabbed my hand when I started to walk away. I can't describe it. Something like happened inside me. Something I have never ever felt before. Something magical.

I could tell he was blushing when I looked down at our hands. Maybe he feel the same way for me as I do for him? But I don't want to keep my hopes up. I put two fingers on Leondre's chin, making him look straight into my eyes.
"Why did you want to make your parents upset?" I ask slowly, staring into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

I can see tears rolling down his face when he thinks of it.
"W-we had a fight and... they yelled a lot of stuff at me... things that I was bad at... They said that they made a big mistake giving birth to me, that they wish that I wasn't born. And I said that I hated them. Then I just walked out, ran away and here I am..." Leondre explains stuttering.

Oh. My. God. What kind of parents does that?! I can tell on his face that this wasn't the first time.
"And the worst of all... my little sister watched everything and I could see how much she was crying..." He adds looking down at the couch. He doesn't want to make eye contact.

"I have no friends to go to, so I found Harvey in the park and followed him to the party... But no one cares anyway. Everybody hates me." Leondre says the last thing like he really means it. Like it's the truth. But I know it isn't, 'cause I don't hate him.

I don't know what to say. I'm so shocked. I never thought that he would have it this hard at home. He always seems so happy when I see him in school. But now when I think about it... He's always alone, sitting with a notebook. Aw, I feel so sorry for him!

I can hear loud sobs now, he's crying for real now. I can hear real pain in his sniffle. I see how his cheeks gets soaked down in tears. 'Okay, Charlie. Do something, don't just sit there!' I think to myself. Now I have to be brave and take care of him. He has no one else.

I immediately move closer to him, whether he likes it or not, and wrap my arms around him. I pull him into a tight hug. I start stroking his hair and down to his back and Leondre doesn't seem like he wants to pull me away.

After a while I can feel a pair of arms around my back. Naaaaw. I can't help but smile. But I try to hide it.

Suddenly we hear footsteps in the stairs, but we don't pull away. I can feel Leondre bury his face in my chest as I'm stroking the back of his head.
The person walking down the stairs comes into the living room.
"What are you doing up no-" A really familiar voice started, but suddenly fell silent. I look up to see Harvey standing in front of the couch looking at us.

I just give him a warning look, telling him to be quiet.
"Go and get a glass of water." I whisper to him.

"To him?" Harvey asks trying to be quiet, but he doesn't succeed very well.
"Yes to him, dumbass." I answer and roll my eyes.

"Well, I think he has enough water on his face." He replies and lets out a small giggle. Funny, very funny. *sarcastic sigh*

I know that Harvey's just joking, but that isn't fun. Usually I would laugh, but not now. Instead I feel the anger bubble up inside me, but I try hard to stay calm.
"Just go and get the damn water, Harvey!" I whisper/scream irritated. He nods and walks out laughing.

I look back at Leondre, he's still crying as much as he did before. I decide to pull away from the hug. I place my hands on his shoulders and pull him away from me. He immediately hides his face in his hands, like he doesn't want me to see that he's crying. Or that he doesn't want to show his face...

I slowly use my hands to remove his and place them in my lap. Leondre quickly looks down like he's ashamed so I let go of his hands and put two of my fingers under his chin. I gently pull his head upwards so he has to look at me.

We make eye contact and I look straight into his red and puffy eyes. The tears are still streaming down his face and it kills me inside. I don't want him to be sad or feel like this.

I gently drag my thumb over his cheek, wiping away the tears and give him a warm smile. His sobs slowly falls silent.
"A beautiful boy like you shouldn't be crying." I say and look at him. Leondre smiles back softly and I can feel butterflies in my stomach.

Oh my god. I really am in love. I've never felt it this strong.

I place both my hands on his cheeks and without thinking I lean in. Leondre doesn't show any signs of stopping me and I hope he would stop me if he didn't wanted me to kiss him. But he doesn't and our lips touch. I close my eyes and feel how my whole body just... I don't even know, I just feel so happy right now.

I feel the taste of his soft lips as my hands moves backwards to his neck. This just feels so right. I feel Leondre's hands shyly moving around on my back, pulling me closer to him. Our tongues meet slowly and we both stop moving when they touch. I think Leondre is a bit shocked and waits for my permission.

I smile through the kiss and start a tongue battle with him. I never want to pull away. Leondre is such an amazing kisser! I just hope something will happen between us and that this just weren't some one time thing. I forget about everything about me and just focus on him. I bite his underlip and he seems to like it. We both continue kissing with closed eyes, everything just seems much better then.

"Char-" The familiar voice starts and I quickly pull away from the kiss. I look up and see Harvey standing there shocked with a glass of water in his hand. He's just staring at us with an open mouth. Oh... I realize that we were kissing in front of him. Ouch.

"I can explain." I say automatically like we've done something wrong. I can tell what Leondre is thinking right now; that I just made it for fun. But I didn't. I just wish he knew that.