17

Leondre's POV:
After a while, me and Charlie walk back to the kitchen. Karen and Brooke are still sitting there. They look up at us as we walk up to the table.

"Me and Leondre will go upstairs." Charlie explains and Karen stands up confused and worried.
"Is everything okay?" She asks and looks at the both of us.
I can't stand this. I walk out of the kitchen and up to Charlie's room, waiting for him there.

Charlie's POV:
Leondre walks out of the kitchen and then I hear his footsteps in the stairs. Mum looks really confused now.
"Look, he just threw up..." I start, but mum interrupts me.
"Didn't he like the food?" She asks.
"No, the food was great. But there's a lot of things happening in his life..." I explain, but fall silent 'cause I can't hold back the tears.

Mum pulls me into a comforting hug.
"Charlie, it'll be okay. You're doing the right thing and I'm really proud of you." She says.
"I just don't know what to do... His mum called him before and... She isn't very nice... And Leondre really isn't okay..." I reply through the tears.

"I think you should go upstairs and watch a movie or something 'cause you both need a break from all the thoughts. You can bring food upstairs if you want."
"Thanks mum, I love you." I say and pull away from the hug.
"I love you too." Mum answers and I walk upstairs to Leondre while wiping my tears away.

Leondre's POV:
Charlie walks into the room while I just lie in his bed, staring up in the ceiling.
"How are you?" He asks and walks up to me after closing the door.
"I don't know, better now when you are here." I answer and look up at him.
"Cheesy." He grins and kisses me on the lips. I kiss him back.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Charlie asks.
"Yeah, sure. Which one?" I ask back, watching him walking around in the room gathering things.
"I don't know, we can check Netflix." He replies climbing up on the bed with his computer.
"Are you trying to get Netflix and chill?" I ask giggling with a grin.
"Maybe." Charlie grins back.

Aw, I love him.
I cuddle up on his arm while we are scrolling through Netflix. After a while we choose to watch 'Pirates Of The Caribbean'. I actually love that movie, Jack Sparrow is a freaking queen of sass.
About 10 minutes into the movie, my phone buzz. I don't wanna check it, but after a minute or two I do it anyway. It's a text from Joey, I'm not sure if I wanna open it.
I look up at Charlie and see that he's really concentrated by the movie, so I open Joey's text and read it.
'If you're not home in an hour, I'll come and pick you up'
I sigh and just lock my phone and put it away again.

"What was it?" Charlie asks and I realize that he's looking at me.
"Uhm... nothing." I answer and turn my attention to the movie, not wanting to start a conversation.
"Okay..." He says and I know that he knows that something isn't right.

Charlie's POV:
When the movie is almost finished, I hear voices from downstairs. One of them is my mum's, but the other one I don't really recognize. I look up at Leondre and he seems to notice it too. He hugs my arm tighter and I try to just forget about the voices and watch the last part of the movie with him. And it works, until I hear my mum's voice.
"CHARLIE! LEONDRE! CAN YOU COME DOWNSTAIRS?" She calls. We look at each other and I can tell that Leo is seriously terrified.
I pause the movie and we climb out of bed. I walk out of the room and slowly start walking down the stairs. I turn around and see that Leondre is like 5 meters behind me. He walks really slow, like a baby who just learned how to walk.

"Are you okay?" I ask taking his hand, squeezing it.
"I'm scared." He whispers back, not wanting anyone else to hear. I'm pretty sure that he knows who my mum is talking too, and that makes me scared too.
"CHARLIE!" Mum yells again.
"Yeah, we're coming!" I shout back and she seems to hear where the my voice comes from 'cause suddenly I see her at the end of the stairs.

Leondre takes a harder grip of my hand.
"It's okay, Leo." I whisper to him and we start walking downstairs again. He follows me slowly and I think that I sort of calmed him down by the way I said his name.

My mum smiles at us like something great is about to happen. When we reach the floor downstairs we follow my mum to the front door.
Then I see the familiar, but now grown up, face. Joey Devries.
"Leo." He says with a big smile. I think that Joey really has missed him. I look at Leondre as he doesn't answer.

He has tears in his eyes and the second after I turn around to him, he tries to run away.
"Hey!" I say and quickly grab his arm since he has to run past me to reach the stairs. He turns around to me and I quickly pull him into a hug. I feel his tears soak down my shirt and his quiet sobs. I drag my hand over his hair, trying to calm him down. It's like he has some sort of panic attack, because I can hear how heavily he is breathing.

I look up at Joey, he looks really sad and my mum is just confused. I give Joey a sad look and he looks down at his feet. Me and Leondre stand there for minutes, just hugging.
"Joey, do you want to come inside?" Mum asks nicely and he nods slowly. They walk into the kitchen, leaving us alone in the hall. I pull away from the hug, but my arms are still wrapped around Leondre's body. I look down at him.

"What is it?" I ask sadly and worried. He doesn't answer, he's just standing there staring at my chest. "Leo... You can talk to me."