13

Charlie's POV:

My mum follows me out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Charlie, you have to stop taking home friends without telling me!" Mum says a bit upset.
"Yeah. Sorry, mum." I answer and I'm just about to tell her why Leondre has to stay here when she suddenly interrupts me.

"I'm serious, Charles. My house, my rules." She replies looking me in the eyes. She sounds slightly annoyed and I know it has to be really annoying to have random people in your kitchen every morning, but this is important.
"I know and I'm sorry." I say again and take a deep breath. Then I start to tell her.

"Look..." I begin slowly, I don't know where to start. At first I'm thinking of not telling her about the party and stuff, but then I realize that I can trust her. Hopefully she won't tell anyone about it." Leondre had a huge fight with his parents and what he has told me; his parents doesn't seem very nice. They yelled at him that they wish that  he wasn't born and stuff."

I immediately see my mum's face changing. Compassion. Yes! This might work.
"So he sort of ran away and met Harvey in the park who took him to a party, you know Harvey." I continue and my mum nods and rolls her eyes. I can't help but smile. "Leondre got drunk and Harvey called me to pick them up. So I did and he slept over here and told me everything this morning. He has nowhere else to go, mum." I finish and look at her with puppy eyes.

"How old is he?" She asks suspiciously.
"2 years younger than me." I answer and mum looks confused at me. "I know, he shouldn't be drinking, but like I said; you know Harvey."

"And how do you know he isn't still drunk and don't know what he's saying?" Mum asks and looks back at me.
"Because he showed me his texts with his older brother and I mean just look at him." I reply and we both turn our heads and look into the kitchen. Harvey and Brooke are talking happily with each other while Leondre is just sitting there sadly with his arms on the round dinner table. "He looks so lonely and sad."

Mum turns back to me.
"But you mentioned his big brother, why doesn't he take care of him?" She asks and I can see how close she is to say 'no'.
"Mum, please!" I say. I want to say something more to convince her, but I can't mention our kiss since I don't know if there is anything between us.

She sighs and looks at me. I can tell that she has really hard to decide.

"I'll do anything." I try and she lifts her eyebrows.
"Well, I've heard that before." She answers like I said something unbelievable, maybe I did.
"No, but I'm serious this time." I reply with puppy eyes.

"That's an old one too." She says, but I'm not giving up.

I place both my hands on her shoulders and make her look straight into my eyes. I stare into hers seriously and then I open my mouth again.
"I'll do ANYTHING for him." I say serious. Mum seems to realize that I actually am serious. She looks into the kitchen again. Leondre has dragged up his hood on his hoodie over his head. He has finished the sandwich and now he's just resting his head on the table.

He looks like a lost puppy.

"Okay, okay. You know my weakness, he can stay." Mum finally says and I feel how a smile spread on my lips. I don't know why I get so happy, but I can't help it.
"Oh my god! Thanks mum!" I reply with a big smile and hug her tightly.
"But!" She says strict, but I don't care. She can't say anything to destroy the happiness inside me. "You have to clean up on your room and wash your own clothes."

A disgusted look appears on her face, I know exactly why. One time I had a girl sleeping over here and I put her underwear in the laundry. That's something my mum wishes she had never seen. Oops.
"I promise." I giggle. Omg! I'm so happy.

"And you and Leondre have to clean the downstairs every week." She adds.

"Yes, sir!" I say and put my hand at my forehead and do a salute. I'm trying to look serious, but I can't stop smiling like an idiot.

"You sure you didn't drink anything at that party?" Mum grins and walks back to the kitchen. I giggle and follow her back to the table. We both sit down and Leondre slowly looks up at me. He looks like he's about to cry and I notice that he seems afraid of looking at anyone else.

"Leondre." My mum suddenly says warmly. Yay, she remembers his name. He continues to look at me and I see how afraid he really is. But I give him a look saying that he should turn to her. So he does. And mum continues. "You're allowed to stay here for as long as you want."

Immediately I can see a big smile on his face. He looks really happy and a bit surprised too.

"Are you serious?" He asks trying to stay calm. She nods with a smile. "Thank you so much, mrs Lenehan!"

"No problem dear, and you can call me Karen." She smiles. Leondre looks back at me, of all times I have seen him, he has never looked this happy. Did I actually help someone? This feels just so great.

"Nice, man." Harvey says and hugs him from the side. Aww, I realize that I love seeing him smile. Everybody is really happy except from Brooke since she's doesn't know what's going on. I can't help but giggle at her confused face.

But suddenly I can hear my mum's voice again while she's looking at me.

"What happened to your shirt, Charlie?" She asks confused and point at the big yellow stain. I look down at it and realize that I haven't changed shirt yet.
"Oh, Leondre happened." I reply giggling and look over at him. I can see how his cheeks get heated up.

She seems to be even more confused and she actually looks like she's gonna turn around to Leondre and say that he can't stay anymore. She looks over at him confused and then she looks back at me.
"He threw up at me yesterday." I add quickly and she immediately seems relieved. I start to giggle again. "What did you think?"

She looks away like she's a bit ashamed, which cause me to laugh even more.

"Well, after all those things that you've done I will never be sure again." She says giggling too. I can hear Harvey's laugh too, but then there's another one. One I don't recognize. I look over the table and see Leondre giggling. Oh. My. God. His laugh is so adorable. If you can fall in love with someone's laugh, then I have definitely done that.

Our eyes meet and the butterflies in my stomach are back. I can get used to them. I look over to Brooke who still looks really confused.
"What is so funny?" She suddenly asks.
"Uhm... You will learn when you're older." Harvey says grinning. She looks confused at him.

"You guys are weird." She says and shakes her head and continue eating her sandwich.

I never thought I would be this happy.