12

Leondre's POV:

Charlie is reading all my and Joey's texts. I really hope that Joey isn't coming here to pick me up. And I hope that Charlie can help me in some sort of way, I don't know how though.
Suddenly he looks up at me and we get eye contact.
"You can stay here if you want." He says and smiles slightly. I guess he has already read all the texts.

That's actually really nice, but his mum would probably not like that. Plus, he probably doesn't mean that anyway. He's just saying it to be nice. Not like he's not a good person, he really is, I mean he could've left me at that party. But no one likes me, and I know that so well. Not even my parents.

"Thanks, but I don't want to bother you." I reply looking down at my hands. I start playing with the rings on my fingers. I have realized that I always do that when I'm nervous or upset.

"You're not gonna bother me. It would've been fun." Charlie answers smiling. "You could sleep in my room, we could have movie nights and just chill. It would have been awesome!"

I smile at the thought, it really would've been awesome. But I know it wouldn't last long. Maybe a couple of days, but then I would have to get home.
"I don't think your family would like that..." I say still looking down. I'm too afraid to meet his gaze.

"I don't care what they think, as long as you are alright!" Charlie replies, defending his idea. I look up at him.

"You really think that would work?" I ask looking into his sea blue beautiful eyes.
"I will make it work." He smiles and takes my hand. Our fingers entwine, it's like we're meant to be. It feels like I can sit there forever just staring into his sparkling eyes.

"What are you two talking about?" Harvey suddenly asks. I turn my head to him, I forgot he sat there. Oops.
"Leo is staying here." Charlie explains and turns around to him. Oh my god! He called me Leo. I've been called that before, but this time was special. I have a feeling that Charlie will keep calling me that and I love it. Not that I not like Leondre, but a nickname is always cool.

"Oh, cool. A few days or what?" Harvey says looking a bit confused at him.
"As long as he needs to." Charlie smiles and looks back at me. He gives me a wink and I can't help but blush a bit.

***

We sit in the kitchen eating breakfast when we suddenly hear footsteps in the stairs. I keep eating my sandwich and try not to be noticed. I'm quite afraid of what Charlie's mum will think about me. She will maybe throw me out...

I hear that there's more than one person walking into the kitchen. I just look down at the table and start eating faster.
"Morning boys." I hear an adult's voice say. It must be Charlie's mum.

"Good morning, mrs Lenehan." Harvey answers politely.
"Good morning, mum." Charlie replies smiling. I just sit there quietly.
"Mum, who's that?" I hear a little girl's voice ask. And that must be Charlie's little sister, I don't know her name though.

I feel how they are all looking at me. They must think I'm really rude since I'm not even looking up.

"Ask Charlie." His mum answers and I can tell on her voice that she also wants to know that. She sounds a bit annoyed... Maybe 'cause Charlie takes home friends without asking for permission.

"This is my friend Leondre." Charlie smiles and looks over to me. "Leondre, this is my mum and my little sister Brooke."

Now I have to look up, otherwise I would his mum definitely wouldn't let me stay. My eyes meet by a woman with blonde, short hair and a little girl with long, blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Nice to meet you." Charlie's mum smiles.
"Nice to meet you too." I answer trying to fake a smile to hide how afraid I actually am. I'm always scared of meeting new people. I'm afraid they will judge me and stuff. I don't know why, maybe 'cause it feels like everyone does that.

"Mum, Leondre is going to stay here for a while." Charlie says and turns around to her on the chair. Oh no. I just want to disappear. She turns around and looks back at him confused.
"What do you mean with 'a while'?" She asks looking at him like he has done something stupid.
"I mean 'a while'." Charlie replies like he has no more arguments.

"Well, I'm afraid that's not possible..." Charlie's mum answers and look at him. I can't really tell what she's thinking. There it came. I knew it.
"Mum, can I just talk with you for a moment... Alone?" Charlie asks and stands up. His mum is following him out of the kitchen and his sister is still here looking confused at me, like she doesn't understand what I'm doing here.

I'm not sure if I understand that either.