Cold Water » Preview

ar·ranged mar·riage

əˈrānjd ˈmerij/

noun

a marriage planned and agreed to by the families or guardians of the bride and groom, who have little or no say in the matter themselves.

"That's just barbaric." Lana said.

"It's archaic actually." I corrected my best friend, Lana.

"But yeah, it's an outdated idea." Meaka said as I had just explained the situation I was just thrown into.

"I mean, I know your family is old fashioned, but an arranged marriage. I thought that went out centuries ago." She said as it seemed she was outraged on my behalf. It was sweet. "Do you even know what he is going to be like, Danielle?" She asked.

"He has a reputation of making people afraid of him." I replied.

"Are you really going through with this?" Meaka asked.

"My parents believe that I don't I'm responsible enough or was that I don't take life seriously. Apparently I'm like the Paris Hilton of wrestling and I'm offended by this comparison. All I know is that buddy has four kids and my parents tricked him and I into this arranged marriage. " I replied.

"So you getting married and being a step mom is the solution from being a drunk heiress." Lana said.

"I guess so......"