Cold Water » "I Know What She Wants Brock."

Paul was heading to the house to talk with Brock because Danielle was packed into many meetings today and Paul wanted them to work out. They looked so cute together to him so definitely needed Brock to step up his game.

"Brock!" He yelled entering the house.

"Living room!" Brock yelled.

Paul walked into the living room and saw Brock relaxing on the couch. Paul sat in the chair across from him.

"I know what Dani is looking for in a guy she broke down on me today in the elevator." Paul told him, that made Brock interested for once.

"What does she want?" He asked looking at Paul. His blue eyes intrigued.

"Basically someone who is there for her and protects her. By the way Stephanie wants grand kids." Paul told him.

"Like Danielle is going to let me touch her." He said.

~oOo~

Brock walked into his bedroom. Danielle was nowhere to be seen. She must still be in the bath. He walked in the bathroom to find her sound asleep in the tub. Brock went back into the bedroom and got one of her bags. He found a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and some panties and took them in the bathroom.

"Dani, wake up." Brock said. He reached out and shook her shoulder.

Danielle's eyes slowly opened. At first she didn't know where she was and then the memory of what had taken place that day came back. She crossed her arms in front of her breast s to cover herself. Brock didn't say anything just giving her an amused look.

"That's a good way to drown." Brock said leaning against the door jamb watching her.

"I guess the water relaxed me." Danielle said keeping her head down.

"How about looking at me when you speak to me?" Brock said.

Danielle lifted her head to peak up at him; He was gazing at her intently with those piercing blue eyes. Danielle shivered under his gaze.

"Your cold, there's a towel and some clothes. Get out and get dressed." Brock said and turned and left the bathroom.

Danielle climbed out of the tub and dried off. She pulled on her clothes and went in front of the mirror to brush her hair. She picked up her watch and looked at the time, it was 4:30 PM.

"Come on downstairs with me, I better introduce you to someone. I don't want ya to step out side and have a heart attack." Brock said.

"Why?" Danielle asked.

"Just follow me." Brock said.

Danielle followed after him curiously wondering what he was talking about. Danielle followed Brock down to the kitchen and out the back door that opened onto a huge deck. As soon as they stepped on the deck, what looked like a small horse came bounding up the stairs to the deck. He was black and huge. Danielle screamed and practically climbed on top of Brock trying to get away from the dog. The dog jumped on both of them knocking them down. Danielle ended up on top of Brock. She had a death grip on him and wasn't about to let go.

"Dani, get up." Brock said.

"Huh uhh." Danielle said clinging to Brock like a second skin.

Brock struggled to set up with Danielle clinging to him.

"Down Beau." Brock commanded.

"Danielle are you scared of dogs?" Brock asked.

Danielle nodded. Danielle had been attacked by a pit bull when she was ten. She was lucky her dad had beaten him off of her. He leg had been badly mangled and it left her with a deathly fear of dogs.

"Dani, don't be silly, Beau won't hurt ya, he's a big baby." Brock said.

"What kind of dog is he; he's not a pit bull is he?" Danielle asked fearfully her face still buried against Brock.

"Naw, He's an English Mastiff. Like I said he's just a big baby. Now turn around." Brock said.

Danielle didn't want to, but she didn't want to make Brock mad either. She turned around slowly but stayed on Brock's lap. Her eyes were tightly shut.

"Open your eyes Dani." Brock said.

She opened her eyes and seen the big dog sitting on his haunches a couple of feet away. His tongue was hanging out and he was staring at her with big brown eyes. Danielle had to admit he didn't look vicious, but you could never tell.

"Come here Beau." Brock said.

Danielle stiffened as the dog came up to her. Brock took her hand and put it up to beau's nose. He sniffed it and then started licking her.

"See I told ya he wont hurt ya." Brock said.

Danielle sat there for a minute and then she petted him cautiously on the head. Beau responded by putting his big paws on her lap and licking her face. Danielle stiffened at first, but then started laughing.

"Why are you scared of dogs?" Brock asked.

"I was attacked by a pit bull when I was ten. It messed my leg up pretty bad. I was in the hospital for a while and I had to have three surgeries on my leg. I still got faded scars on my right leg." Danielle said.

Brock could see how that would put a fear in you.

"Well I promise you Beau won't hurt ya, Okay?" Brock said.

Danielle nodded.

"You'll get used to him after a while." Brock said.

Brock lifted Danielle and stood up and set her on her feet. Danielle gave Beau one more rub on his head and followed Brock back in the house.

"I'm going. I should be back around 8:00PM." Brock said.

"Okay." Danielle said.

Danielle watched Brock leave. She decided to explore the house like Brock said and then she would decide what to fix for dinner.

~oOo~

Danielle was washing the dishes when, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach which sent her to the floor, literally.

"Brock!" She shouted in pain.

He came running down the stairs into the kitchen and then saw her on the floor clutching her stomach.

"Hospital?" He asked.

She nodded and he picked her up with ease. She nuzzled her head into his shoulder. Brock took in her scent and it was like a honey dew smell.

___________________________________________

"How bad is it?" Brock asked the dr.

"Not that bad. She had a cyst on her ovary bust and it was probably caused by stress or pretty much anything." He told Brock.

"Thanks doctor." He replied.

Brock walked back in the room to see Danielle sleeping looking like a million dollars to him. He kissed her forehead and she snuggled near him, reaching out for his hand and took it. She slowly opened her eyes seeing him looking at her.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch ouch." She said then holding her stomach.

"I just signed the discharge papers which they can come in at any moment and discharge you." He replied then kissing her head.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"No problem princess" he said.

When they arrived home Brock carried her inside the house into their bedroom, she was put on bed rest for at least a few days because of the bleeding. Brock was doing everything he could to help her out.