02 | schemes

02 | schemes

"How could you do this to me? You're my daughter for fucks sake! "

Grey Rutherford's mind whirled at the thought of the very man who'd messed up her relationship with her mother. Their relationship was already fragile and she had known that she was treading in dangerous waters. Yet she had remained silent at the miscommunication that was passed between her and her mother.

The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to get up and punch the body of blood that was explaining his reason for becoming a teacher at Covington. She looked to her right, where Seth was seated for support. He'd known of the miscommunication passed and when she searched his face for some sort of sanctuary, a nod that would keep her in her place, something of reassurance to stop her from bursting from anger, she was disappointed.

His pale and beautiful face was morphed into a scowl, his jaw tensed and his hands were curled up in fists. His electric blue eyes flashed with anger, an expression that went unnoticed by the new teacher as he was yet again busy basking in the glory of the attention he was gaining and the shrieks of the opposite sex that was filling the room.

To know that Seth was as mad as Grey eased her mind but didn't take away any iota of anger that was stored in her body. It was bad enough today had to be a crappy Monday, and now he had to show his face.

At once, Seth exhaled, signaling to Grey that he was controlling his anger as he must have realized it wasn't the most appropriate location to glare daggers at Kyle Hastings. Unlike Grey, Seth was able to reign his emotions and morph his face into a poker face of indifference. She exhaled as well, trying to keep her anger in control.

It was odd that he hadn't noticed the two of them glaring at him. To Grey it was a relief, she didn't want to face him like this, not now.

She glanced at the Rolex watch tied around her wrist, indicating that she had at least 30 minutes left.

She sighed.