03 | history

03 | history

The ride back home was silent

The ride back home was silent. Seth wasn't even driving like he did usually. Fast and crazy. Instead he was driving at a moderate pace, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel every now and then. ''Do you still want to go to Daniel's party Grey?" He asked.

"Yeah, I still want to go.''

It wasn't that Grey so badly wanted to go to a party, she's been to plenty, just last Saturday she'd intruded on a frat party hosted by a fraternity from the nearby private university, Stanford here in California. But going to a party meant that she could let loose, get drunk and make out with anyone without any care in the world.

And Daniel's brother, Mark supplied coke for people at a lower price than usual. She figured she could get a hold of him since her supply was falling.

''Hmm, okay then. I'll tell Lisa and Alex. Pick you up at 8?" He asked as he parked in front of the Rutherford's gate.

''Yeah, sure.'' Grey said as she got out of the car. She was about to leave but Seth's cold hand clasped around her wrist, stopping her movements. She turned back in surprise to see Seth thinking hard, his free hand resting under his chin.

"Hey, come back inside for a minute."

Grey obliged and sat back in the passenger seat, her heart beating fast. She didn't know why nor did she understand how such cold hands could spread such warmth from just clasping her wrist.

"What?" She asked, as Seth lay still, his free hand resting under his chin still and his other hand still clasped around her wrist although she was inside his convertible. "You know how Kyle Hastings know about last year?"

Grey couldn't forget. Back then she'd never thought she had to see him again. During that whole period he'd been hell bent on making her life miserable, trying to find some reason to fuck up her already fucked life. He'd found the solution last year.

It was ironic considering he was the reason for one aspect of her fucked up life and there he was, last year acting like it was her fault that he'd been unable to gain fame and fortune.