33 | start of some things

33| start of some things

The party was in full swing

The party was in full swing. Yet, the Russian boy was unable to enjoy the night. Elijah sat outside the glass mansion, near the patio with a glass of Scotch in his hands. It was quiet here. There were people littered inside, dancing and grinding to the beat, as far as he could see from the glass windows.

Expensive chairs stood next to him in a straight line while the grass and the night sky twinkling with a crowd of stars stretched endlessly.

He twirled the glass around his hand aimlessly, not having enough heart to enjoy even the only glass he had slowly drunk the whole night. Jade hadn't returned yet and he already felt as if she'd been gone for an entire year.

It really was impossible. They'd been dating a long time, and had always been together. Always. Even for trips, they had gone together, without leaving another behind.

Sighing, he unbuttoned one of the buttons of his Hermes crisp black shirt, feeling more suffocated than ever. Strong wind blew through the dark night, ruffling his short black hair.

"Elijah."

And there she was. Tangled blonde hair lay on her shoulders as her grey eyes looked at him. The whites of her eyes were red like she'd been crying and the way her mouth quivered by saying a word rather than a sob only confirmed it. Her black shorts and tank explained that she didn't really come here for the party but for him.

He didn't really remember what he was thinking about. All he knew was that he saw the love of his life standing just two feet away from him and not 12,000 miles away. He didn't know when or how his muscles started working but when he finally breathed, his hands were around her waist and his head was buried in the crook of her neck and her shoulder.

"Hey-Seth said that you were outside-and hey are you okay? I mean-"

"I'm fine." He could hear himself mumbling. "More than fine honestly. I've missed you more than you can ever imagine." He could smell the Dolce and Gabbana on her, the scent of flower and innocence wafted and encapsulated her. Just like she was. Like she'll ever be.