09 | panic

09 | panic

"What?" Grey's breath hitched in her throat

It won't work. Because he's probably onto the police station as we speak.

"Jade I think I misheard you. Could you repeat?" Seth uttered, his face in contrast to his voice. His face morphed into utter shock for a second, but it was gone as soon as it had happened. His features transformed yet again to his poker face, which made Grey wonder whether she had actually seen his face change for a second.

Jade started. "I said-"

"Oh, we heard what you said!!" Grey snapped, finally snapping out of her daze. "You don't need to repeat it."

Seth raised a brow, seemingly calm despite the situation at hand. If Kyle Hastings revealed last year's events, she doubted that it would end with just them getting arrested. Sure Grey had gotten arrested once for vandalism and damaged property but that was measly compared to the current crisis.

Her throat itched, wanting some meth, or some coke. She exhaled, trying to calm her self down.

"He must be an even bigger ass than we thought if he's going to the police. I mean he has no evidence even if did file a case and all of a sudden? After a year? It doesn't really make much sense." Seth snickered.

"Wait Jade how do you know this?" Grey questioned, trying to see the feasibility in the claim. "Do you guys remember Jason?" She asked. Grey couldn't forget. The 23 year old asshole had been one of the reasons they'd all sworn to forget last summer. She nodded slightly.

"Kyle's friend from that summer?" Elijah put in.

"It's a creepy coincidence but he showed up at the hotel we were staying at in Greece. We saw him when we were out for brunch. Of course we decided to be discrete just in case he remembered us. There was hardly anyone at brunch, just us, Jason alone and a couple of other guests. Luckily his voice was just as loud as ever as he spoke through the phone. " Jade continued.

"And?" Seth pressed.

"Well I don't really remember much but the thing was that we could understand his conversation with who ever he was speaking with. That's when we realized it was about us, and all that happened last year." Eli put a hand on Jade's, urging her to say the rest.

"Well long story short he mentioned the word Kyle a few times, so that's when we realized he was speaking to him. The word police, evidence and murder was all thrown there." Jade sighed.

Grey got up and started pacing. Her mind was whirling and all of the memories from last year, the ones that had torn her apart and the ones that she kept locked away in her chest all surged.

"So the date they said they were going to file a claim was today?" Seth asked calmly. She had no idea how he was so calm. While she was pacing up and forth he was cuddling up on the damn couch!

"I don't get it. Why would they want to file a claim? I mean if they intend to reveal our secrets wouldn't theirs be revealed too?" Eli sighed, changing his position for like the 33rd time.

"Unless they found a way to omit themselves from the scene?" Grey suggested.

"No that's impossible." Seth countered.

The four of them quickly fell into a silence. Now that the elephant in the room was discussed no one knew how to handle it. Grey's head was aching, the wheels in her brain were spinning alright but it was spinning anti clockwise, confused and dazed.

There's no fucking way we're letting this ruin everything and every lie we built.

"Why don't we do this?" Seth smirked. "If he's filing a claim then obviously the force is coming to us for interrogation right?"

Grey nodded.

"We deny it. There's no evidence of letters, witnesses or anything. We were careful last summer. So when they ask whatever happens it's not true."

Jade grimaced. She was practically on Elijah's lap now, his hand soothing hers. It was cute how they could support each other like this and Grey, despite the heavy situation felt glad that they've ended up together. They were incomplete without each other, and needed each other to survive.

"I know it's risky and a pretty lame plan." Seth sighed. "But it's all we got. Even if they do arrest us, we can count on bail."

"We got it." Elijah murmured and Grey and Jade nodded silently.

Seth nodded. Trust Seth to come up with rational plans. Grey had always been in awe of Seth. His ability to act friendly around some people, to not bat even an eyelash when something was happening. It was a trait that she was deeply envious of.

"And Grey?" He asked. "I think we should carry on with the thing about Daniel."

Grey knew what this was about. She nodded tersely.

"Wait, what Daniel thing?" Elijah questioned.

Grey grinned, her spirits actually lightening up. "Oh just a little something I'm working on."

Jade blinked. "Is it going to help us with this?"

Seth smirked, his electric blue eyes alight with amusement, the bored look on his face long, long gone. It was a look that made Grey's heart quicken the pace.

"You bet."