10 | brunch hate

10 | brunch hate

Grey skipped the rest of the week

Grey skipped the rest of the week. She was holed up in her room, waiting. Maybe Tuesday's events really shook her up. But she wasn't weak. No she wasn't holed up in her room so she could wallow in fear and pity and wait for the police to come.

Which by the way hadn't come. Which could possibly mean that Kyle Hastings was an insufferable baboon who actually didn't go to the police or his claim was denied.

She was in her room, planning. Her anger that had surged from the very moment she had laid eyes on Kyle Hastings last Monday still seemed to burn brightly.

It's all about moves and countermoves.

She could treat this like a game. Why not? I mean she was a game, or a rather a piece in a game that one of her seniors had created so it wasn't really a surprise. He'd been part of that game too. Yeah Although she had managed to usurp the original Queen in the game and gain her position. Quite unintentionally though.

Sighing, she got up from her cozy bed. The white linen sheets were all over the place, her abundance of white and silver pillows were all on the brown hardwood floor. Her Silver MacBook Pro was on her bed, the light of the screen still radiating the dark room.

She'd been at it for hours.

Countless hours of researching (technically hacking) people's profiles, social media networks and any sort of blackmail information that she could use to get Kyle Hastings at her mercy.

Sadly she'd found none. She grabbed her phone to check the time, wondering what time it was.

10:47

Her big brown eyes widened. Holy shit? She'd been at it for so long that she hadn't noticed dawn coming, much less it being a little close to brunch rather than breakfast.