19 | canceled plans

19 | canceled plans

Grey felt unsettled at Jade's reply

Grey felt unsettled at Jade's reply. Of course Grey was not experienced in the ways of learning when a person's lying but this time it was obvious to Grey that Jade was omitting at least something.

She shook her head, trying not to think too much about it and instead asked Jade about the family dinner with Lisa.

"Ah right. I'll text Lisa about it. I totally forgot," she laughed, getting out of the stool and reaching over to a cabinet to get out two wine glasses. "Thanks for reminding Grey."

Grey smiled, it was just a small upward tug of her lips, as she couldn't bear to smile wholeheartedly. "Honestly it was Lisa."

"Right." She grabbed the Absolute Vodka, holding it in one hand and the two wine glasses in the other. "I hope you don't mind. We're out of cranberry juice at the moment."

Grey politely declined, not wanting to drink and excused herself, saying that she needed to meet Seth.

"Oh! Okay then, have fun." She raised both of her eyebrows teasingly and winked, an action to which Grey responded by smacking her hand and rolling her eyes. "Call me later okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah I will."

As soon as Grey got in to her sleek black Porsche, she called Seth up. He answered on the third ring.

"Can we go to lunch?" She asked as he picked up.

"Hello to you too." He said dryly.

"So, can we go? It's like 1 in the afternoon and I'm kinda hungry. Also I told Jade I was meeting you for lunch." She added.

"Why is that?"

"I don't know. I just felt a bit suffocated? I had this weird feeling like she was lying to me about something and I didn't want to sit there and listen to her conjure up another lie as well."