43 | caught

43| caught

43| caught

Sayef Investments Ltd

The name made Grey sweat, her honey brown eyes widening at the banner. She'd forgotten all about it, how largely influential Raika Sayef's parents were in charities and galas like this.

They weren't always though.

They started last year, when they thought that their daughters death was a mere accident (kind of was, kind of wasn't) and in hope of her loving memory they had started investing in charities.

But not these type of charities.

It was all clear to Grey now, her mind walking back on that one bend of memory lane, where she was the one to deliver the news to Raika's parents. She was the one who had to witness the two lavish parents armed with Armani and Dior, break down on the ground as they heard the ground breaking news, tears escaping their eyes. She had stood there awkwardly, trying so hard to fight the righteous voice in her head that screamed so loud, trying to desperately tell them the truth.

But she had made a promise with the headmistress. And she intended to fucking keep it.

They'd thanked her for her kindness, after regaining their composure. Sayef people were brave. Sayef people were composed. They would never show their emotions out loud.

Grey grimaced regrettably, mentally slapping herself for going down that lane. She didn't need additional guilt with her. She already felt it.

She shook her head, trying to think nothing of it and went back, the same way she came having no more energy to wonder around.

She arrived back at backstage just 12 minutes before she was supposed to go on the ramp, the remaining of that time spent peering lightly out on to the audience by the little end of the west wing, from a small slit in the million dollar curtain.

The music playing was soft and sophisticated as a legged blonde walked slowly up and down, looking ethereal with her hollowed cheekbones and highlighter. Her dress shined through as she walked gracefully.