12 | memory lane

12 |memory lane

12 |memory lane

The first thing had gone through Grey's mind was young

The first thing had gone through Grey's mind was young. He was too young to be Lucia's boyfriend (she could never get used to that word linked with her mother). To have a seventeen year old daughter, Grey's mother should at least be in her early-forties. Sure, she had access to all the surgeries and makeup with the money she owned and those did well in concealing her real age. The surgeries and the make up only achieved her to look somewhere around thirties. Lucia could never beat aging, no matter how many nose jobs or anything she ever did.

So when Grey first met Kyle Hastings, she wondered why a man young enough to be her brother (elder of course) would be seeing a woman old enough to be his own mother.

Nevertheless, she had put on a winning smile and had greeted the man that looked to be in his early twenties.

Oh mother why?

They'd gone in and sat down at their respective table and while he had skimmed through the menu it had given her a chance to examine him more closely. And her mother of course.

His hair was copper brown, cut into a buzz cut like shape. He had an ear piercing and his black eyes reflected both interest and boredom. She didn't really know how, the meaning the two words held were way far apart yet that was how she could describe the look that she had seen in his eyes.

He was wearing a button down white blouse with a black jacket, cheap materials she suspected, but she couldn't really see much of the jacket.

Her mother on the other hand was dressed to the nines in a stunning gold bodycon dress paired with gold sparkling earrings shaped like a triangle and beautiful Jimmy Choos.

She looked down at her own attire consisting of white skinny jeans and and a red tube. She definitely felt underdressed. Honestly she would have gone for a bit more revealing look but she had wanted her mother's partner to see her nice side rather than him just thinking: oh wow the daughter of the lady I'm dating is such a whore.

Which she was and she wasn't.

She'd ordered the Chicken Caesar salad and while he'd ordered pork ribs, Lucia had just gotten a phone call about a new client, causing her to go outside the lovely restaurant to talk. Honestly Grey would have used this time to talk to her mother's new suitor but the immediate look that had overtaken the man had aroused suspicion in her.