Chapter 4 - Change the future

Marco, Queen Moon, and the high commission went looking for Toffee and Star. Marco seemed the most determined to get her back. He was filled with anger, but was scared. Not only for Star, but for himself. He knew full well that he may not come back from this trip. Marco also knew that if he didn't go after star, then what kind of person would he be? He knew that Star was tough, and that she would hold out until they found her, if they found her. What if they couldn't? What if they never saw her again? He couldn't keep his mind straight, at least not until moon spoke up.

"Stop." She said. "Look..." Moon pointed to the tree line, showing the marks that were made. Some tree tops were broke, or charred. "They went this way, I know they did." She honestly has no idea if those were marks were made by Toffee, but she had to find her daughter. She wasn't returning to Mewni until she found her.

Marco was extremely depressed. He didn't know if he'd see the girl that changed his life ever again. It was never exciting until she showed up. She made his life interesting, Marco didn't think his life really started when Star showed up, even if at first he was hesitant.

"Marco?" He saw Star standing behind him. "Marco, are you okay?"

"Star...?" Said Marco, unable to react. He looked at back at Moon and the high commission, but they weren't there. "Star, is that you?"

"I think so, what are you doing out here?" Star said.

"We came looking for you. Me, your mom, the high commission. We all came looking." Marco was speaking frantically.

"You lied..." Star said, "You've been lying. I can tell."

"What do you..."

"I mean, you know you like me more than you like Jackie, but your still with her... You lied. To me, to her, and to yourself. You lied." Star was starting to scare him.

"Star, what are you talking about?" Marco was confused

Meanwhile, the high commission and moon are talking behind him. "Moon, I told you this was a bad idea, snap him out of it, send him home, we are doing this without him." Moon didn't answer. "Moon? Are you listening." Hekapoo was getting frustrated.

"I see her too, he's not hallucinating..." Hekapoo was confused. "Moon what do you mean?" Hekapoo asked. "I mean, I see Star, standing no less than 10 yards from Marco, this means something." Moon took a couple steps closer, causing Star to run off into the woods. "Star!" Marco yelled, chasing after her. "Let's go Marco, only me and you can see her, we have to go, quickly, don't let her out of your sight!"

Marco was confused, he didn't know where she came from. Either way, he listened to her. They were right on her tail until Hekapoo opened a portal right in front of them. They were going to fast to stop. They ran straight into the portal, sending them right back to the high commission. Marco was upset, "No..." He kept saying. "No, no no no, Star?" Marco was worried now. He fell to ground just lying there giving up on everything. Moon looked at Hekapoo, "What on Earth were you thinking!" Moon said angrily. "I was thinking of finding your daughter, you..." Moon interrupted. "I know what I was doing! Whatever it was it would've led us right to her." Moon was yelling. Hekapoo answered her, "How do you know! For all we know that could've led you right into a trap!" "I know, that's my daughter... I know." Moon sat in the ground getting depressed along with Marco. "Moon, I..." Moon stopped her. "Shhh, look at Marco." His eyes were glowing purple. "Star!" Marco suddenly yelled

Marco was laying on the ground while they argued. He was just listening until he had another vision. He saw Star and Toffee. Star was still stuck in the bubble Toffee trapped her in. He saw Toffee just standing, looking, waiting. Where were they though? It didn't seem very familiar. Then, Toffee started doing something to star. He stuck his hand out, causing a green flow of magic come out of Stars head. Once he stopped, Star's eyes were black, and here body was lifeless. "Star!", Marco yelled.