Chapter 9 - Life Goes On

Well guys, another chapter! I'm writing this roughly 3 weeks before its being released so that'll give you some perspective on how far ahead I am. I want to finish the story that way I can upload a chapter sooner. Hope you guys enjoy another chapter of "Our Life Together | Consumed 

Star's PoV

I pull out of Marco's hug. He's sweet, I'm starting to regret our break up. No, I can't be thinking like that! I know I have strong feelings for him, but now is no time for distractions. I search every inch of the castle. It's empty. "Star, we... We have to go back to Earth." I about to start crying. "I'm not leaving until I find my parents." I say sternly without looking at him. I'm staring out the window, wondering what happened. "Star... We don't know where to look. We don't have any leads." I get frustrated. I feel, different... "I said, I'm not leaving!" I turn and face him. He steps back as if he's scared. I snap out of my sudden anger. "Star... Your eyes..." I'm overwhelmed with emotion and scared. "What am I gonna do Marco... I lost my parents..." Now I know I'm crying. He pulls me from the window and hugs me. "Star, they'll come back. Your parents are strong." I know he's right. Then I remember something. "Marco, what was that loud bang that we heard?" He seems confused. "I don't know, but we looked everywhere. There was no signs of an explosion any where." I come to a conclusion. "Let's go home..."

Moon's PoV

(Explosion)

I barely have to time to react to what I heard before suddenly my vision starts to be blurry. What's happening? Next thing I know, I'm very light headed. I feel my legs give out and can't even see my hands or arms. what just happened"

Marco's PoV

I feel bad about what happened earlier, but I know that Star has a lot going on right now and I don't want her worrying about another thing. I'm worried about her parents but I'm hoping for the best... for them and for Star. "Marco... I have a feeling that something terrible happened to my parents." I hear Star say. "I don't know what to think." She looks at me. "I feel guilty. My mom wanted me to be Mewni because she thought there would be a war. Maybe we shouldn't be here." I want her to be here to take her mind of all this stress in her life right now, well, our lives. "I'm a little more curious about why your mom wanted me to come." She seemed puzzled, just like me. "Why didn't you want to come... if you don't mind me asking..." I hope she isn't angry or anything. "It's not that I didn't want to go with you, it's that my life is here on Earth. Sometimes I wish things were different..." She hugs me. it catches me a little off guard, but when I realize its a hug, I hold her and close my eyes. "I don't want to lose you Marco... you're... you're all I have right now..." I can't help but smile. "I'm not going anywhere... I'm here to stay. Through thick and thin." I hear her start to cry. "You say that, but we both know that I have to be queen eventually..." I started tearing up too. She was right. There would be a point in time that Star would leave Earth forever. Maybe I can visit, but not often. "Let's not think about that now, let's worry about right now." Star pulls out of the hug. I feel like neither of us wanted to. "You're right. It's late, I'm gonna get some sleep." I look at the clock. It's 10:01. That's not 'Late' for Star. "Alright, goodnight!" I say, but get no response.

Moon's PoV l

Where am I? My memory is foggy. I'm Light-Headed as well. What Happened? I feel... Different.

Star's PoV

I wake up later than usually. It's Seven in the morning. Normally Marco doesn't let me sleep in like that. I start to get worried. "Marco?" I yell. No response. No, no no no no no no. "Marco!? You here?" I walk quickly our of my room and look in his. Empty. "Marco!?!" I run to the stairs and look over the railing. I see Marco, fast asleep on the couch. I'm overwhelmed with Joy. It's now that I realize that Toffee could easily kidnap either one of us during the night. I slide down the railing and shake him. "Let's go, we slept in." I say as his eyes slowly open. "Wait, we slept in?!" he jumps up and runs to the bathroom. "Marco chill, we have plenty of time." I say close behind him. "I know, but you can't be too sure! you never know how long i'll take these days!" She laughs and follows him into the bathroom. "Star?! What are you doing in here?" I'm a little confused at his comment. "Marco, I've been in here before. I have things I have to do too!" He sighs. "Fine, but don't look, I'm getting in the shower." I found what he said pretty funny . "Don't flatter yourself Marco, I'm not gonna." I hear Marco speak up. "Then why are you looking in the mirror." I laughed. "I'm not." I could tell he was joking but still. "Yea, but it would have been pretty funny if you were." I heard the water start spraying out of the shower head. After hearing Marco say that, it made me... curious. I mean, I didn't really want to look, but the thought was weird.