Chapter 7 - Shooting Star

Happy Mother's Day!

Star's PoV

Marco and I and are finally a couple. I dreamed about this so many times, but here I am. This is real. This isn't a dream. We are together right now, and I couldn't be happier. Tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm going to ask my parents to return to Earth and get back to school. I don't think she will mind, she wants me to be safe and I will be safer there. I tell Marco my plan, and while he is worried, he is all for it. All that's left is to convince my mother it's ok. My father loves me staying at Earth, it's my mom who is hard to please.

I tell Marco to come with me, but stay behind me a few steps. As we walk downstairs, I find my parents enjoying a meal at the table. Marco is impressed with the size of the table. "Star? What is it now?" My mom says, surprised to see me again. "How come whenever I come to talk to you, you always assume I have to tell you or ask you something?" I never understood why she always asked me that. "Well, the majority of the time YOU approach ME, you need something." I have to hand it to her, she was right. "Yea... Well... History repeats itself!" I tried to say I'm a somewhat cheerful tone, but I was still nervous. "Well?" My dad said. "I'm thinking about returning to Earth tomorrow..." My mom looked at my father. Naturally, I looked at him as well. It's like they were talking to each other, but they weren't spurring words. It was strange. "Okay, fantastic." My mom said, but I could tell she wasn't really on board with it. I didn't want to push the subject since I already could go. "Ok great! I'm gonna gather my stuff and go back later tonight!" I was filled with joy. Not only were me and Marco a couple, but I was returning to Earth. I grabbed Marcos hand and dragged him up the stairs back to my room with me. "Wow Star, I have to say, I didn't think it would be that easy." Marco was just as surprised as me.

Moon's PoV

"I'm not sure this is the right decision River..." I had my doubts about Star going to Earth. "Honey, this is what is going to help Star, we need to give her more freedom." I didn't know how I felt about that. "Yes, that's exactly what worries me. The last queen to have too much freedom was Eclipsa." Rivers expression faded from happy, to a little unsettled. He sighed. "You're right. I just hope she doesn't follow her path. I trust her though, you should too." I glanced down at my plate. River shoveled more food I'm his mouth. "It's just..." He cut me off. "You're worrying to much my dear. Star will be fine." Then it hit me. "What about Marco?" He was worried now. "I-I think he is a nice boy." He knew that's not what I meant. "River, tha-" he interrupted me once more. "Moon, let's not worry about that now, let's just enjoy this meal." He was right. I had so many questions, I just needed a little patience to uncover the answers.

Marco's PoV

Wow. Star is coming back to Earth tonight. Star is my new girlfriend. Star is gonna move back in with us. This day has been fantastic. I could not have asked for anything else. It felt good being able to recover her memory. These visions, they help me find the best possible future. They show me what could happen, and it's up to me to change them. At least, the ones that show the future do. It's weird how I've only looked into the past once. It's also weird how I can't control it, at least not that I know of. Hopefully soon things will go back to normal. That's when it hit me. I felt another vision coming. "Star, whatever happens, let it" she looked at me funny. "Marco, what are talking ab..." She was cut off by my eyes fading to the usual purple. "Marco!" I heard her scream, before the vision. I saw Star, with... Ludo? No, Toffee. He was with Star in the woods from when she was kidnapped. "Princess Butterfly." He said. "You won't get very far before they find you... And you'll be killed." Star was furious. "Well that's right, if I held you captive I would..." Star had a confused look on her face, but after he said that, he stuck out his hand and pulled a green light out of Star's head. All he did was laugh. After the light faded, Stars eyes were black, just like when we found her. Afterwards, he stuck out his hand again, and shot a Narwhal Blast from it. I gasped, ending the vision. Before I could fully process what I saw, Star shook me. "Marco? C'mon answer me!" She seemed really worried. "Star, Toffee, he took your powers..." She was so confused. "What are you talking about?" I didn't know how to explain it. "I don't know, there was this light and when it went you were dead and th-then he Narwhal balsted but he can't do that cause that's your thing." I was rambling when Star stopped me. "Marco, just relax, I'm not that powerful anyways. I mean really what useful power could I have given him?"