Chapter 19 - Moving On

Marco's PoV

I feel odd... "What just happened?! Did that just happen?! Tell me that didn't just happen!" I'm pacing back and forth, unable to stop thinking about Star. "I'm sure she's ok!" Tom says in response to my insanity. "What if she isn't, I mean, she just dropped a lot on me there! I didn't get a chance to say I love you back or anything! She said life or death and I just want to be there with her!" Tom has an awkward look on his face, and sits down on my bed. "Marco, you'll see her again..." Pony Head says. "Yea, I think your overreacting." Kelly adds. I sit down on the floor, sobbing. "What if I don't thought? I mean, I spent so long trying to figure out my feelings that now, when it mattered the most, I couldn't tell her..." Kelly sits down in front of me. "Even if you didn't get to say it, she knows you love her. Look at everything you did to get her back... If it weren't for you... Star wouldn't have her memory." I guess Kelly is right. "Sure, but what if..." I stop, and lye down on the floor. "What if Star dies... What then? You can't tell me it isn't possible..." Kelly and Pony Heads expressions change when I tell them that. It's like they finally understand why I'm upset.

The room was full of nothing but silence. Nobody knew what to say. At least, not until a portal opened, and Star and moon walked through. "Star!" I yelled jumping up and hugging her. She hugged back, but it felt like she didn't care. "Star?" I say. She looks at me, starting to tear up. I look at Moon, who is concerned about where we are. "My mom's memory is gone Marco... It's not coming back..." I don't know what to say. She buries her face in my shoulder, crying. I put my hand on the back of her head, letting her get it all out. "A-are you sure? There's nothing you can do?" Star continues to sob, answering my question. Moon is staring at me, like she's scared of what I might do. I ignore her however, and worry about Star. "Moon, a word? Please?" Kelly said, with Pony head next to her. Moon didn't seem to trust anyone, but she talked with Kelly and Pony.

Star and I sat down on the bed to talk. She was still red from crying, but I completely understood. "I don't even know if they're dead..." She says. "I just, used the whispering spell, and hoped for the best, but there was no body, no nothing..." I grab her hand not knowing what to say, but she seems lifeless. Like she is attending a funeral. I guess in a sense, she is... We don't say anything to each other for a minute or so. Until I look at her, and tell her I love her. She smiles, and says I love you too in return. Her head is on my shoulder, but it feels different. She isn't the same Star anymore. She's changed. She's been consumed by her fears and emotions, and now, she's lifeless. "I don't want thing to change Marco..." She says. Crying. "What do you mean?" I ask. She shakes her head. "I can't tell you... Not now, I don't know if I ever will be able to tell you." I get upset. Star has always been able to tell me everything. "Remember what I said to you? About the love thing?" I shake my head yes. "I was telling the truth, and I meant every word I said." I smile. She doesn't.

Star gets up and grabs her moms hand. "Me and my mom have a bit of repairing to do... I'll see you guys another time..." Star says. "Let us help!" Kelly says before I have a chance to. "Really, I think we're gonna call it a night..." Star rushes out with her mom. "I don't like this..." I say. "She's hurting Marco, give her time... She'll come around." Pony says. "Yea, I think I'm going to go sleep in my own bed for once." Tom says. "Yea, same here." Kelly says, opening a portal with Tom's scissors. As he is about to leave, Pony Head asks him if she can use his quickly too. Of course, he lets her, but isn't happy about it. "See ya Marco... And if I know Star, she'll be okay. She needs to deal with things right now." I wave a goodbye as he leaves. Now, it's just me. I'm alone in my room with thoughts eating me alive. I don't know what it is exactly, but Star isn't okay, and I think this is deeper than her mom.

Literally shortest chapter I've ever written, but it's not supposed to be long. How are you guys feeling?