Chapter 13 - Happy Birthday

MIDNIGHT DOUBLE UPLOAD!

Done with Regents! However it will be a busy summer the shortening of chapters will remain in effect. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! We are nearing the end!

Star's PoV
--6 Years Ago--

Please Mommy! Let me come! Please!

Now Star, you know I love you, but it's too dangerous.

But mommy!...

No Buts! Roy will watch you until we return.

(The door slams shut, and Roy looks at the young, crying girl.)

I'm not much good at this princess... But I know how you feel.

(The young girl looks up at the tall Royal Guard assigned to watch her.)

My mom left me with a babysitter all the time. She was the worst! She always had me in bed early and I felt like a prisoner...

(She smiles, sits down, and looks at Roy)

Don't worry, I won't treat you like my babysitter did to me. We have a whole castle and I'm in charge! The other guards can't tell us what to do. You ever thought about sliding down the railing?

(The girl stands up, still smiling. She almost has forgotten all about her Mother and Father leaving)

Let's try it!

--Present Day--

I promised myself I would never let anything harm Marco, now is no different. As soon as I heard the thud outside of the room, I pulled out my wand and Marco got behind me. I forgot he was too hurt to fight. That made me even more nervous. Knowing I had both Marco and I's fate in my hands, it was a little much. However, when I saw the figure standing outside the room, my jaw dropped, and my eyes watered. "Mom!?" She looked at me and smiled. "I'm glad your alright Star..." I ran over and hugged her. Marco didn't move. "Marco, is everything okay?" I ask. "Star! Have you forgotten what she's done! She, she..." I yell at him. "She's my mom Marco! I trust her. And she's here now!" I lower my voice and pull away from my mom. "Why are you here?" She smiles. "I came to get you, both of you." I get a little confused. "Wh-What do you mean?" My mother sighs. "Star, we have to leave the kingdom before it's attacked..." I can't believe she wants to run. "What?! No! I'm not leaving this place behind! I don't care what you do but I'm staying and fighting!" My mom tears up, something I have never seen her do. "Star, Eclipsa is leading the Rebellion, she is much stronger than either of us thought. She thought me how do use dark magic and she's, she's my..." My mom stops, and looks down, before talking again. "We need to go. All of us. We're going to join them." I can't believe what I'm hearing. "You've changed mom... I don't... I don't even know you anymore." I can feel the tears streaming down my face completely now. "Star, we are going to join them." I hate those words. "Stop! Ok, you join them! You're a coward mom!" Marco hugs me, and I try to break out of his grasp, not knowing it was him. "Star! Clam down, and listen to my voice! We are going to join them!" Finally, hearing Marco say it, it finally makes sense. Everything Makes sense. I realize that Marco is my voice of reason. He's the one that can calm my mind in any situation. Finally, I understand. "Marco, they aren't looking for a human to join them, they are looking for Star because of her magic." I get angry. "No! Marco is coming too! I already thought I lost him once, not again..." I look at Marco and he looks back at me, upset. He puts a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, don't worry, I'll be ok... If it ,ales you feel better I'll head back to Earth..." I put my hand upon his hand on my shoulder, and smile. "Ok, I'll go." My mom grabs my hand and we leave quickly. I turn to see Marco smiling, but for as long as I've known him, I can see a fake smile when I see it.