Chapter 17 - Resurrection

Decided to upload this now because I'm still up. Hope you guys enjoy!

Marco's PoV

With everyone at my place for the time being, I'm trying my best to hide my emotions. It kind of feels like I shouldn't let any of my feelings shine through the cracks in my heart right now. However, I've been trying to figure out how exactly I contacted Star before. I know it has someone to do with the power I've had ever since the dance, and still to this day I don't know where it came from. If Glossaryk were around I could ask him. I never thought about it until now, but where did Glossaryk and the book of spells even go? As I'm asking myself all these questions, Jackie sits down next to me on my bed. "How are you doing?" She asks. I look at her, but I can't find the words to say. "It's okay dude, I get it if you don't wanna talk about it." She says. She stands to leave, but before she does, I speak up. "I just can't accept she's gone I guess..." I say, holding back the tears. Jackie turns and looks at me, with a sympathetic look on her face. "Be been trying to ever since she was turned but somehow I keep thinking that she'll come back to me, like she still loves me, like she hasn't forgotten about us..." Jackie sits down and puts a hand on my shoulder. "But she has... She doesn't recognize me, she doesn't remember me or anything about our past. I should've fought for her when I had he chance, I had so many chances... I could've protected her if I was more courageous..." I tried holding back the tears but after hearing myself say all of these things I give in. Tears flood down my cheeks and onto my lap. I bury my face into my hands. Jackie doesn't know what to say, I can tell from her touch. The way she's sitting next to me with her hand on my shoulder says it all. It's like she's trying to tell me it'll be okay without words, but even she did I still wouldn't believe her. "Marco... I can't know how you feel right now, saying I do would be a lie, but maybe we can still save her... What if it isn't too late?" It's like I hear the words come out of her mouth but I don't process them. I hear her say that there's still hope, but in my mind, I know there isn't... Marco before would've grasped anything he could to ease the pain, but a Marco now, without Star, is letting the truth sink in. "Jackie... There isn't anything that we can do... I don't know anything about Magic, Star does. If she was okay, then maybe there would be a chance, but I don't see any light on the future. I don't know if I can go back to Mewni and see her... Like that..." Jackie seems surprised, and almost disappointed at what I'm saying. "Marco you don't mean that." She says. "Jackie, I just don't think I can handle it. When I see her I know I'm going to breakdown." She looks away for a minute, thinking about what I said. "Marco, we both know that if you and Star switched places, she would do anything to get you back. Even if she knows that there's no hope, she would try everything." Hearing Jackie say this really opens my eyes to everything around me. Pony Head, Tom and Kelly all sitting around talking on the other side of the room. Star and her mom both corrupted, and how I have to do any and everything to get her back, because that's what she would do. I smile at Jackie, and she smiles back. It's almost as if I never lost hope at all.

I walk out of my room and go into the bathroom. "Ok Diaz, lets try this again..." I say to myself before closing my eyes and directing all of my thoughts to Star. I try to contact her again, but when I open my eyes, I'm still just me. No purple light or anything, plain old Marco. I keep thinking and thinking, trying to figure out what I did or what I'm missing. I rethink the situation from before, but I didn't do anything special. I just thought of Star and I went into a strange stasis. "Okay, just try again." I close my eyes, and think of all the good times we had together. Even some of the harder times too. Sadly, again there is no change. I don't see or hear Star. When I last talked to her, it felt like I was standing next to her. I want that so badly, to be standing next to her. I want to head her voice and her laugh again, and I start fearing that I never will. The more I think about it, the more lightheaded I get. I look back in the mirror, and finally I see a purple light in the reflection before everything fades to a black mist. When it clears, I'm sitting on the bed in the same room as Moon. Out of anger and confusion, I yell. "Who's there?" Moon says worryingly, looking around. "Wait, you can hear me too?" I say. "Are you the same voice as before" Moon replies, realizing I'm in her head. "No, this is my first time talking to you, I didn't even know I could..." Moon looks surprised when I say this. "Then what were you trying to do?" I know that I can't trust her, but I still tell her the truth. "Well, I was loo-" I begin to say when Eclipsa walks in. "Is everything alright Moon? I hear talking." She says. Before Moon responds, I tell her not to trust Eclipsa. "Everything is fine..." She says. I can't believe she listened to me. "Moon, are you hearing... Voices...?" She asks. Before I can tell her to lie again, she tells Eclipsa the truth. Everything starts to fade again, and I'm back in the bathroom at my house. I don't know how to control the powers I was given, but I'm getting better at it.