Chapter 5 - Forget the Past

Hey guys! Just quickly wanted to let you know that I'm going to be making some changes to the way I write my story! First, I will be stating the PoV when it changes. I started that in the first chapter, but quickly stopped. Along with that, I will try to add a bit more detail. I like the current length of 3000-3500 words, so that will stay the same. Also, I apologize that this is up a little late. Anyway, enjoy the Chapter!

Star's PoV

What have I done... What just happened... Marco, Jackie, Earth! I remembered it all, and I left. Now what do I do? I can't just go back, can I? I mean, he kissed me. Marco... Kissed me. I liked it, no, I loved it! But... Jackie... Why, how could he do that to her. Maybe... Maybe it meant nothing. No, no I don't think it did. He only kissed me to get my memory back... Right? Yea, yea it meant nothing. But I can't see him, not now. I don't want him knowing the kiss helped. In a few days, I'll go to Earth and tell him I remember. I'll say it just came back when I woke up. He'll believe that. Yea... Yea... Star was pacing back and forth while thinking to herself. She was nervous and confused. Suddenly, she stopped, and turned towards her right. She had a feeling someone was watching...

Marco's PoV

So that's it. Star is gone. My best friend, is gone. I... I can't believe I did that. Why did I do that? I mean, I like Jackie. Yea, I like Jackie. Star is my best friend, but that's it! Right? I... Can't like her... Can I? Is that even possible? Even if it was, it doesn't even matter anymore. At least now I can focus on Jackie. I can focus on everything we're gonna do together this summer. I can think about what me and Star were gonna do... No! C'mon Marco. Focus on Jackie... Jackie... Man, I just realized I have no one to go on adventures with. No one to hang out with at home. I mean, Jackie is nice, but she is no Star. Star knew how to be the best friend a guy could have. Me and Jakcie don't have the same relationship as me and Star. Maybe moving on is harder than I thought...

Marco gets off his bed, slouching over depressed. He goes downstairs and looks around the kitchen for something to eat. He looks around, seeing it's 2 in the morning. Has it really been that long since Star left?  Marco thought to himself. He couldn't find anything just grab and go back upstairs, and he wasn't in any mood to cook anything. Marco decided to go outside for a walk.

Marco couldn't help but think about Star. He could not believe that his best friend was really gone. Not only gone, but she couldn't even remember him. While Marco was walking, his eyes flashed purple, nothing new. However, Marco lifted off the ground a few inches. Marco couldn't control himself. He tried everything he could to try to get his feet back on the ground. The last thing he wanted was another vision.

Marco couldn't get himself under control, and ended up seeing the vision. Except, this wasn't like his other ones. Marco had full control of his body inside of this vision. He couldn't tell where he was, it was dark. Everywhere he looked was black. Marco didn't what to do, until he noticed a light in the distance. Marco was walking towards it until he heard a scream. "Marco!", he heard. He recognized that voice anywhere. "Star?!" Marco sprinted as fast he could towards the light, where her voice was coming from. "Marco! Help me! Please!" Star was yelling in distress. Marco was incredibly worried. He felt his heart pounding. Marco tripped while running, he was only a few yards away from the strange light. Before he walked into it, he heard another voice from behind him. This time, it was Jackie.

"Marco? Where are you going?" Jackie said worryingly.

"Star, she... She needs me." Marco said, looking at Jackie upset.

"But Marco... I need you..." Jackie said.

"Marco! Help!" Star said, her screams were fading. 

Marco turned and looked back at the light. Jackie grabbed his wrist. "If you do this, there is no turning back." Jackie said.