Chapter 11 - Recovery

Hey Guys! How's it been? I hope you guy's have been looking forward to this chapter, because the story is coming along!

Star's PoV

I point my wand at Toffee. At this point, I don't know what is happening. I feel like I'm losing control... But this is it. I blast him, I end this whole thing... But I won't. He said if I killed him, right here, right now, I would 'fulfill my destiny' and that doesn't sound good. As I am about to lower my wand, I feel it fly out of my hands. My hand is hot and it hurts. I look to see what hit me, and I see... "Mom!?" She is standing there with her hand out, frozen. She doesn't even know what she did. I hear laughing. It's Toffee. He knew this would happen. I look back at him, and see the wand start to glow. He hits me right in the chest. I fly back and smash into the wall behind me. I land on the ground, and struggle to move. I glance up, and see Marco next to me. He grabs my hand, "Your okay Star... It's ok..." We're both laying on the ground in defeat. Again, I hear laughing from Toffee. He points the jewel engraved in his hand at me. "The tides of turned, princess..." I feel foolish. "Toffee! Enough! Leave her here!" Toffee turns to my mom, who said that. The glowing in the wand fades away. "Hmm, okay. So, you're with us?" My mom looks down at me. "You leave her out of it, I'm with you." She walks up to Toffee and grabs his hand. She opens it and places something in it. He smiles, before looking at me and leaving with my mom. I thought my mom hated him?

"Star?" I look back at Marco, who is trying to get up. "Marco... I'm glad you're ok..." It hurts to talk. He manages to get himself up, but is limping. "Star... C'mon... We have to go..." He has one hand on his up and one on the wall. I try to get up, but it hurts really bad. "Marco, things aren't looking to good..." He drops to his knees. I can tell it hurt, but he didn't seem to care. "No, no no, Star! C'mon, we are leaving!" I smile. "Marco, we both know it's not looking good for me." I move my hand. I'm bleeding, not too badly, but bad enough. Marco starts crying. "Star, please! I need you!" I giggle. "You didn't need me for fourteen years of your life... I know you can make it on your own..." I cough. Some blood comes up. "No, I'm not accepting this." Marco practically crawls to my wand. He grabs it and points it in the sky. He closes his eyes. When they open, his eyes are bright orange. "Marco...?" I've never seen this. "Glissening Beacon Bomb!" A giant light flies into the sky, Exploding shortly after. Marco drops the wand. I see the life drain from his eyes. They close, and he falls. He coughs, and opens his eyes again. They are his usual hazelnut eyes. We're both on the ground staring at each other, when some guards run in. "The princess and the boy are down! We're gonna need more people!" I hear one of the guards yell. "I'll rally as many people as possible sir!" I see a guard run outside, and start signaling people over, while the other runs up to me. He moves my hands and just kind of looks at me. "You'll be okay princess..." He looks at Marco. He runs and picks him up, and sets him next to me. After, a lot more guards, I'd say 15, run in and grab us. I can't really see what's going on. We reach the tree line, but only about 5 guards are left. "Set them here! We have to get to the King!" I hear. "Yes sir!" Everyone runs, except for the captain. "Don't worry, you'll both be fine... We just have to get your father and get  out..." He stands around us, guarding us. Finally, my vision starts coming back to me, but it still hurts to move. I see Marco next to me. "Marco..." He looks over at me. "Star..." He smiles. "It's so good to see you right now..." He says grabbing my hand. I feel my lip quiver and tears on my cheeks. "I'm sorry Marco this is my fault..." He smiles. "Star... I didn't have to come. I knew what would happen." I hear a familiar voice. "Star!" I see Tom sprint over to me. Not far behind him is Pony head and Kelly. "Oh my god B Fly! Are you okay!" Tom takes a knee between me and Marco. "Yea, his about you Marco? You look pretty neat up too!" Marco chips in. "I think we're alright, just got it pretty bad..." I smile before hearing the captain. "Shit... Guard them!" What's going on? I watch where he goes and I can see him running towards my father. He's fighting the same lizard guy Toffee was talking too. I watch as the Lizard demolishes guards that swing at him. My father is the only one still standing. The lizard gets on all fours, circling my dad. My dad is doing the same, staring him down. A retractable blade comes out of each wrist as the the lizard pounces at my father. My dad uses both of his swords to block each one, and kicks him in the stomach. I can tell it pissed him off, because he let out a terrifying screech before swinging swiftly at my father. It's a intense exchange of blades, but nobody is making contact. The guard who was running finally makes it, but as he goes to swing, the lizard kicks him, causing him to drop for a second. The lizard has his blades in the shape of an X, and my dad has his blocking it. The guard stands and swings, but the lizard ducks. They reached a standoff, nobody willing to take the first swing. Until, the lizard leaps into the air, between both of them. They both block the blades, but the lizard round house kicks the guard in the side of the head. He is lying on the ground, unconscious. Now, it's just him and my dad. I'm terrified seeing my dad fight this highly skilled hunter. The battle continues for a bit longer, before my dad sees me watching. He smiles, closes his eyes, and drops his weapons. I see him whisper something. I can't really make out what it was, but what's he doing?! Before I know it, both blades are through my father. The lizard looks at me. He pulls the blades out and jumps away, my dad, falls, and starts bleeding. I can't even get to him. The captain looks at him, then me. "Secure the princess! Let's go!" Every single guard rushes to me and Marco. They pick us up and we retreat back into the woods. The whole time, I stare at my father. My cold, dead, father...