Chapter 14 - Total Eclipse

This is the first double update for this book. You guys are getting double the story for half the time! Originally, this wasn't the plan. I got lazy with writing and Chapter 13 was behind schedule. However, I won't be around next weekend, so I decided to skip next weeks upload to build up chapter 15 a bit more. So, everything worked out in the long run. Enjoy Part 2 of this double upload!

Marco's PoV

I run through the portal into the castle. Flustered, I look around frantically looking for help. I don't know how long it will be until I lose all of my strength. I run through the castle looking for everyone else. I check Star's room first, however, they aren't their. Instead, I find a picture of me and star from when we had Beach day. She must've taken it before leaving. I remember back when things were easier...

--Beach Day--

"Marco!" Star yells in my ear to wake me up. I jump up, startled by her. "Why did you have to do that? You couldn't have just shocked me like a normal person?" She laughs. "Where's the fun in normal?" I roll my eyes. I get up, and walk towards the bathroom to get ready for our big day. "You ready for to go to the beach Marco!" Star said while following me to the bathroom. "Yea, it's been a long time since I've been to the beach. It should be fun going with my best bud." She smiles, and awkwardly chuckles. "Yea, best bud..." I feel like she's acting weird, but I shrug it off. Star seems to have slowed down a whole lot since she woke me up. Like all of her energy just went away. "Star, you alright? A minute ago you couldn't wait to go, and now you don't seem to care." She looks at me, and smiles. "Marco, I'm just getting ready. I promise, I'm excited!" I could tell she was excited, but I could also tell something was bothering her. Clearly she didn't want to talk about it so I decide to leave her be. At least while we're getting ready.

After we get changed, brush our teeth, and we each shower, we go downstairs and eat some breakfast. Today feels different though. I feel a building tension in the room. "How did you kids sleep?" My mom asked, breaking the ice. "I slept fine mom." We all look at Star, expecting her answer. "Oh, uh, yea, me too." Something is off today. "Hey Star you mind if we talk for a minute...?" She looks at my parents, and then me. "Sure..." We walk to the bottom of the Stairs. "Star, what's wrong?" She smiles. "Marco, I told you, it's nothing." I know that's a lie. I put my hand on her shoulder. She seems surprised, startled even. "Star, please. You know I care about you, I want to help you." She smiles. This time, I feel like it's genuine. "I want to tell you Marco, I do. It's just, now isn't the best time to. Okay?" I don't understand why she isn't letting me help her. However, I don't want to turn this into an argument. "Alright, well cheer up, you've been looking forward to this for a while now." "You're right Marco, I shouldn't let this... Thing... Kill the mood. Let's have some fun today." She smiles, and we hug. I'm glad she's happier than before.

--Present Day--

It makes so much sense. Maybe the thing bothering her was how she felt about me. When I brought up Jackie, she got upset... It had to be that... "Marco?!" I hear from a familiar voice. "Pony head?" I see Kelly beside her at the door. "I thought you were bailing?" Kelly said. "I had to come back... I can't leave Star out there during this by herself. Even if I can't fight very well, I'm gonna try." Pony head smiles. "There we go Marco! That's what I expect from you!" I get confused. "Expect form me?" She laughs. "Please! I know about you and Star. It's complicated, but I know how you feel deep down." Before, it was clearly Star I had feelings for. But after seeing Jackie again after so long, I'm more confused then before. "Right... I need to go and get someone form Earth, I'll be right back." I go back through another portal to my room, where Jackie, and my parents are talking. "That was quick..." My mom said. "Look, I realized you might not be safe here, so come with me." They all seem confused. "But isn't that where the rebellion is?" Jackie says. "Well, yes. But Toffee knows about this place, and he could use my parents as bargaining chips." I can tell my parents are scared now. Jackie whoever, is still confused. "So you take your parents, it makes sense, but why me?" I didn't know. I guess I just wanted her to come too. "Well, I guess I want you there as well, just in case." Jackie agrees to it, however, she doesn't see, to run the whole thing by her parents. She just comes along. Maybe she doesn't know the full extent of the situation.