Chapter 8 - I Think I love You...

Yay! update! I love writing these chapters for all you guys! Honestly, it's a great stress reliever and a lot of fun! I hope you guys are enjoying reading it as much as I love writing it! Enjoy Chapter 8!

Toffee's PoV

I completed my mission, the school was burning. Marco had to make a fatal decision. When I returned through the portal, I arrived to applauding. "Please, it was simple really." Eclipse stood up. "Great job. We are closer now to striking than ever!" I waited so long for this moment. Rhombulous was a fool for crystallizing Eclipsa instead of destroying her. When you think about it, this revolution is all thanks to him. Either way, we watched as the flames grew closer to Star and the other girl, Jackie. Marco was indecisive. He didn't know what to do. Until the unexpected happened.

Marcos PoV

I didn't know what to do, until I remembered what Star had told me. She told me about what her mom had told her. The Queen had said, 'Always save a civilian when the choice comes.' I wanted to save Star more, but civilians were priority. I guess technically me and Star were civilians, but in a weird way we weren't. We were fighters. Either way, it didn't matter. I ran over and dragged Jackie away from the flames. I looked at Star the entire time. The fire was getting closer and closer. Once I realized I might not make it, I dropped Jackie. I hoped she was far enough away from the fire, but i had to get to Star. I never ran faster. I was too late. I wasn't going to make it. Thank Christ she woke up. "Star! Run! NOW!" She looked around, realizing that she was seconds away from getting cooked. She got up, and ran to me. She jumped into my arms. I held her tight. "I wanted to save you, I did, but I remembered you told me to save civilians first, make them priority." She was still panicking, but she looked at Jackie, "Well clearly you didn't try that hard to save her before me." She pointed and we both started running. She was so close to being caught in the fire. Star was right though. I didn't try that hard to save Jackie. I was too preoccupied with Star. If we were going to work, I needed to be able to make sacrifices. I picked Jackie up and we found the quickest way out of the school. It was complete chaos. The whole time we were trying to get out, I kept wondering what Toffee had up his sleeves...

Eclipsa's PoV

The boy was good, he saved Jackie over Star, which we did not expect. However, like I said before, just because results aren't expected, doesn't mean that aren't wanted. Marco saved Jackie because he knew that she was helpless. Star could handle herself. Honestly I don't know exactly what he was thinking, but it hurt Star that he went for Jackie first. She didn't say anything, but she didn't have to. I could see it written all over her face. It was only a matter of time before she fell apart. The time to strike was coming. But, there was more power to control. The only thing to do at the moment, is to watch and wait...

Star's PoV

Marco saved Jackie before me... Does he like her? I mean, I shouldn't rule it out as impossible just yet. There's no way, he broke up with her just to be with me. Maybe he is confused. While we are waiting around outside the school for things to be resolved, maybe I should ask. "Marco, while we're just sitting around do you mind if I ask you something?" He looked at me nervously, like he knew what I was gonna say. "Uhh, yea, go ahead." He rubbed the back of his head. I smiled. "Marco, why did you really save Jackie?" He just looked down and started to sweat. "Star, I know what you're thinking and I promise you, it's just you. It's only you. It's Always been you." He smiled. I looked down. "Not always..." He put his arm on my shoulder, before it turned into us hugging. "I don't know if you're with me because you want to be, or if you feel like you should be. I don't know if we are ready for this Marco." His grip tighted. His heart just snapped. I think I really hurt him. "Star, we are ready for this. I think I love you..." I blushed. I was filled with emotions I didn't understand. "Uhh, that's, uhhh, good, good to, to know." He stood up. "Whoa whoa, you see now I'm thinking less about the love thing and more about how I blew things." Marco was sweating. "No, you didn't, just, it's just, I, I need to think." I got up and walked home quickly. Love? I don't even fully understand the feelings I have for him now.