Chapter 18 - A Shoulder to Lean on

Whoa, It came early!? Hey guys, so there's a chance that I'm not going to be around Sunday and Saturday so instead of postponing it, I'm uploading it now. I hope you guys enjoy!

Star's PoV

It was strange, coming into contact with people I have previously known, but don't remember. I hate the fact that this happened to me, and this little blue guy isn't really helping me. "So, do you understand?" He asks. I probably should've been listening to him. "I'm sorry, I-" I start to say, but he puts his hand up, covering my voice with his. "I'll explain it one last time. The orb containing your memory is with Queen Eclipsa. Just retrieve the orb, and your memory shall be restored. You must be careful though. Eclipsa is very wise, I'm sure she isn't keeping it in plain sight. Not unless it's a trap. Got it?" I listen to every word he says, in hopes I can finally resolve who is who. "I think so. So do we just go?" Glossaryk laughs. "Oh, oh no. WE don't go anywhere. You go to get it back. Along with your friends, but I stay." I don't understand why he isn't willing to help. "But-" Again, he cuts me off. "No buts, you don't have any time for that now. Your memories are withering away. It will be much harder to retrieve them if they do. We'll worry about that if it happens." I decide not to argue, and just to go.

I leave the bathroom and reenter the room with everyone in it. Except, I don't see Marco or the Pony here. "Uhh, guys? Where is Marco and the Pony girl?" I say. "Oh, well, we don't exactly know." Says a three eyed demon with sharp horns. "I'm Tom, by the way. And that's Kelly... Do you remember us?" He asks. I try to remember but have no luck. He can tell from my face that I don't, and they exchange a disappointed look. "Look, we have to go get my memory thingy back, and then I'll remember both of you. But we need all the help we can get, so where is Marco and Pony?" I ask again. This time, Kelly answers me. "Pretty sure Marco already went looking for it, and Pony Head should be right back." As she says this, Pony Head enters the room, but no Marco. "Hey Girl! How's your memory coming?" She asks. I don't answer, but Tom gives her a look with not good written all over it. "If Marco left then he is going to die, and I'm not letting that happen if I don't remember him yet." I say. No one else seems motivated to go after him. "Look, I'm glad you're excited to help, and it's not like we don't want to, we just can't." Kelly says. Tom follows. "Yea, Marco took the scissors. That was the only way we had to get to Mewni." He says. His eyes trail off from me and he glances behind me. His facial expression changes from upset to filled with an overwhelming Joy. "That's it!" He yells, swiftly brushing past me. I stand confused when he turns around with a little bell and hammer. Both are black and red and look demonic. "How is a bell gonna help?" I ask. He doesn't answer. Instead, he rings the bell, and a flying cart enters the room from the floor. It catches me off guard, and I jump back. "What are you doing?!" I yell. He picks me up, and everyone gets on except me. "Star! This will take us to my home! We can go get my scissors and go to Mewni!" I smile, knowing that this is the key to retrieving my memory. Every moment I spend with these guys, the more I believe that they are telling me the truth.

Marco's PoV

I entered a room in the castle I didn't recognize. It almost seemed like a closet, but it didn't have all that much in it. Just what looks to be an old couch and a clock. Odd items to be in a closet. I put my ear against the door, listening for voices or footsteps outside, but it's dead silent. I crack it open to get a better look, and it's revealed to me where I am. I'm in the same hall way that leads to the tapestry room. I can see the door at the end of the hall to me right, which means I need to go left to get to the throne room. I assume since they are important, Eclipsa wouldn't leave them too far away from herself. I sneak out of the room, but quickly enter another when I hear footsteps from down the hall way. To my surprise, I enter Star's room. It brings back some memories, not all pleasant. After reminiscing with my thoughts, I put my ear against the door. I can hear Toffee and Eclipsa, but can't quite make out what they're saying. I hear Star and Moons name periodically, but that's all. When they're voices trail off into another room, I carelessly run out of the room and run down the hall. I keep in mind that they entered to room directly next to this one, and am careful to make little to no noise.