01

*UNEDITED*

Chapter one: Don't let them see you

If you took the time to look around and let your eyes gaze upon the scenery, you would see a mountain

If you took the time to look around and let your eyes gaze upon the scenery, you would see a mountain. that mountain being the infamous Mount Ebott.

The very mountain that had gained a bunch of rumours, the rumours being, 'those who climbed the mountain never returns.' but were the rumours true? Yes and no.

Children climbed the mountain, children of integrity, perseverance, justice, kindness, bravery, patience and determination.
Almost every child that took on one of those traits never returned when the mountain had beckoned them towards it.

But one child came back.

but they didn't come back alone.

Frisk, the child who wields the soul trait of Determination had returned from the mountain a couple of weeks ago, they were an ambassador for monsters.
The monsters that were trapped underground like an ancient legend once said.

The monsters, well what else could be said? They were an utter and complete riot, starting fights with their own kind and even humans. Hell, if something was done or said and a monster didn't like it, world war bloody 3 would start.

So what did you do to avoid all this conflict? You hid at home...

You being an adult, to be more specific, you were a 22 year old woman who had a passion for drawing and reading novels, mostly romance so you could read about and fantasize about what would never happen in your life.

But putting your 'love life' aside you were currently hanging out your washing on the clothes line, you usually would chuck your clothes in the dryer but it kinda broke.. leaving you having to exit your house and make contact with the outside world.

Monsters roamed the streets, looking for a fight.

You had just finished hanging up your last item of clothing, you picked up your empty basket which was once filled up with damp clothes, "Time to go." You ran towards the door, instantly heading inside the house.

You chucked the basket into the laundry and stretched, "Alright, what to do what to do." You started walking around, gazing upon the pictures and paintings that hung on your wall, "Guess I'll just watch a movie." You shrugged as you made your way towards your lounge room.

You grabbed the TV remote and sat down on the couch, you pressed the power button on the remote, resulting in the TV being turned on, you then began to browse through netflix.

Once you had settled on a movie to watch, you sat back, relaxed and watched the movie.

CRASH!

"Holy mother of balls on the walls what WAS that?" You looked around, looking for the source of the loud sound.

Another loud sound was heard, it sounded like something breaking, along with... shouting...?

You stood up and walked away from the couch, "I think it's coming from next door..." You started to walk towards your kitchen window which gave you full view of the house next door, "Wait, don't tell me someone moved into that house!" You ran to the window and opened it.

There was a car parked out the front of the house next door, the 'For rent' sign now gone,
"Oh no....I have neighbours now..." You gulped and mentally waved goodbye to your peace and quiet.

You stuck your head out the window, able to do that due to the protective screen being taken out for some strange reason, you tried to look into one of the neighbour's windows, the faded red curtains weren't that private, you could see two figures, One was short and one was freakishly tall.

More yelling was heard from next door, 'Do these guys shut up? Holy sh*t on a stick they're so loud!' 

You continued to spy on your neighbours because you were, well, I guess the word is curious.

~

Your line of sight was fixated onto the lair of your new neighbours, the shorter figure's shadow was to be seen, "It looks like.... Oh god... they're stripping!"

I guess you spoke a little too loud because, the curtains were ripped open, revealing the identity of your neighbour.

it was a skeleton... A skeleton with a black jacket in its bony hand, black shorts with yellow stripes through them and a red shirt.

"See something you like ya pervert?" 

You shook your head to erase your thoughts, "Me? A pervert? Boy what drugs are you taking? I'm obviously a unicorn."

You looked at the skeletal figure that stood in the room next door, taking a closer look at his face, he looked amused.

"Hey, guess you're the new neighbour? Now let me tell you something sweetheart, If you got a problem with us, keep it to yourself unless you want to have a great time." The skeleton spoke.
Honestly, the tone of his voice made you jump.

You shuddered before speaking again "Well aren't you the brightest of the freaking bunch?" 

"You picking a fight?" A skele-brow was raised, as a pointy golden tooth shone in the sunlight.

"Hell no." With that you shut your window and walked away.

"Time to move house."