30

Chapter Thirty: Catnapped!

//Unedited//

"And that's how I was almost kidnapped by a five-year-old!

"And that's how I was almost kidnapped by a five-year-old!...." Sans hung his head down low as he shuddered at the memory which was only a mere hour ago, he sighed, burying his face into your shoulder as you lay in your hospital bed unconscious, "I might as well show everyone else how a child tried to steal me."

_____ _____ _____ _____

"Sh*t I'm gonna be late!" Sans sprinted at full speed toward the pet store, left hand raised to catch the cat-eared headband which was slowly slipping off with every stride he took.

Huffing and puffing the doors were pushed open at full force, causing the door handle to hit the wall with a thud, most certainly leaving a mark, "I'm here!" Sans whisper yelled, clearly out of breath as his eyes gazed upon the clock which read, 3:29 pm, "And I'm not late!" He cheered aloud before facepalming himself, "Why the hell didn't I teleport?"

"Well you certainly made quite an entrance," Sans' boss dropped a pile of paperwork, clearly startled by the sudden entrance of the skeletal monster, "But you're here nonetheless so come here boy," he waved his hand, gesturing for Sans to go to him.

Complying the monster found himself standing beside his rather tall boss who was flicking and playing with the cat-ears which rested upon Sans' head, "I see you remembered your uniform!" His voice was high and childish as if he were a hardcore fanboy.

Clearing his throat the manager outstretched his right arm as if to introduce himself, "I forgot to mention but I'm Jose and this," he pointed to a woman who was serving customers at the cash register, by the looks of it she almost matched Sans in height, "Is my lovely wife Judith," coming out of nowhere Jose struck a pose, his hands crossed together as he displayed V signs, it was as if he were trying to be cool, "and together we're JJ!" his face smug as he reached out for shades to put on, poking himself in the eye in the process.

"Ah-son of a- Puta-..OW!" Jose hurled down in pain, holding his injured eye, after a sole minute he slowly stood up and let out a pained whisper, "D-Double J."

Standing completely still, utterly confused and weirded out, Sans looked around, feeling all eyes on them he hid his face as the second-hand embarrassment was getting to him big time, "What the f*ck?!" muttering under his breath he stood to the side as if he were telling the crowd he didn't know that human.

"Never do that again," he whisper-yelled as his face was slowly fuming red, "What do I do and how do I do it?" Sans took a deep breath as he fixed the headband on his head.

"Right! Er..." Jose looked around the store, "You're on kitten duty!" removing his hand from his weeping eye which was previously poked Jose pointed toward a small area in the store, "It's pretty simple, you just gotta clean up after them and make them appeal to the public!" Slowly shoving Sans away toward the kitten area Jose concluded his speech, "I'm sure you'll do well! Afterall everybody loves kittens!"

"I don't like kittens.." A random teenager with freckles and few zits exclaimed while sipping on a smoothie, his announcement caused Jose to turn around and glare at him as if he were the Terminator, "You're dead to me.." Jose whispered, causing the teen to sweatdrop and tiptoe away to another part of the store.

Sans was sweatdropping like an anime character as he wandered toward his destination, "Apparently I'm supposed to make you guys appeal.." he opened the kittens' cage and waved his bony finger around the kittens' resulting in one of them attacking his finger as if it were a toy.

"Ow, Hey!" The monster picked up the kitten and stared it in the eyes, "Don't you f*cking bite me!" he growled, earning a confused, 'meow,' from the kitten who was not so gently put back into its cage, the drop didn't phase the small cat as it landed directly onto four feet.

Closing the cage with a sigh Sans leaned against the wall, about to take off his little cat-eared headband until a small child, no older than the age of 5 wandered up to the skeleton with a finger on her chin, "Mummy!" she exclaimed as loud as she could, causing the monster to cover his ear holes at the noise.

"Shh, kid what's your problem?"A grumble left the skeletal monster's teeth as he slowly removed his hands from his earholes."What is it, rah?" A blond woman with pale skin and green eyes walked toward the child, looking at what appeared to be her daughter, a confused expression etching its way onto her face but it slowly changed as she looked up to see Sans.

Her confused expression changed to annoyance and slight anger, she opened her mouth as if she were about to accuse Sans of doing something to her child but nothing came out of her lips as her daughter who was newly introduced as, 'Sarah,' cut her mother off.

"That one!" Sarah pointed to Sans, "I want that one!" She started to jump up and down in glee, still staring at Sans a goofy grin was evident on her face, "Here kitty kitty!"

"W-What?!" Taking a step back Sans was utterly confused at this point, "I'm not a cat!" he growled, swiping his hand in cat-like motions without even realising it.

"Bad kitty! No hissing!" Sara exclaimed before she walked up to Sans, grabbing hold of the collar of his shirt she began to drag him, "Come on mum! I have my kitty!"

"W-Wait, Sarah!" Her mother called out to her daughter, "Sweetie that isn't a cat.." sweat beads began to form atop of her forehead as she was a sole witness in a monster's attempted kidnapping.

"Yes, it is?" Sarah tilted her head to the side as she looked at Sans' cat headband, "Look he has ears!"

Having enough of humans, better yet Human children Sans used his right hand to remove the headband from his head, sowing his bare skull, "I'm not a cat!" he yelled once more.

A shriek left Sarah's lips as she ran away from Sans, hiding behind her mother, "M-Mummy the cat took off its ears!" she began to sob, "I-It's a skeleton... It's dead!" Her cries and whines filling up the whole store, earning the attention of everybody.

"Way to go monster, you traumatised my little girl." The child's mother picked up her daughter and began to leave the store, glaring at Sans with bloodlust as she walked out.

Sans remained standing, holding his headband with his right hand, "What the actual f*ck?" he asked himself before pulling out his invisible hair he exclaimed, even louder this time as if he were really losing his mind, "What the actual F*CK?!"

//End Of Chapter//

Does anybody even read this anymore? If so I'm so sorry for the update after months!

And I swear I'll try to start working on updating all my books and not just every four months-- I just need to get my sh^t together and get motivated but I was reading the comments to all my books this morning and It motivated me to write this chapter.

Thank you.

You guys don't know how much your comments mean to me <3