15

Quick thing  un-related to the story but I found a song and holy sh*t don't judge me but I love it *The feeling of being judged washes over me* JDHUHDIJDKDJ*CRIES*

If you want to play it it's up above but PLEASE WEAR HEADPHONES!

Chapter Fifteen: The In-Between

*UNEDITED*

Cold, It was so cold, how peculiar, being cold in the middle of the desert

Everything was blank, your mind, the atmosphere, your vision and your soul.

You couldn't feel anything, not pain nor pleasure, fear or hatred. Nothing was on display, meaning nothing could be expressed.

Time flew by, slowly, as if it's wings were broken and slowly deteriorating, the flesh and feathers melting away and fading into nothingness.

Silence, there was nothing but silence but the sound of jaggered breathing as you attempted to gather your senses, the dusty, red climate from before switched to a cold, bright and clear climate as your vision slowly became clear, the flooring was cold under your unclothed skin.

You stretched your sore body, turning your head to examine your surroundings but your vision was still a tad blurry as a vague shape in the corner moved around in a small circle.

Your eyes focused onto that shape, giving time for your eyes to adjust to the new enviroment and to wait for your vision to accept you're awake and fully acknowledge that you would like to use your eyes.

As your vision came to you fully acknowledged the figure in he corner of the room, it was a something in the shape of a person, with no face, made from light.

That's when it hit you, it was the same thing from before. You then felt things again, right now it was fear and confusion.

You jolted up, standing flat on your feet, your hand automatically slapped the area that was impailed by an arm. 

You felt nothing out of the ordinary.

You grew even more confused, you pulled your shirt up passed your stomach to fully examine your chest, to see if there really were any wounds.

To your surprise there weren't any, it was as if nothing happened. Nothing at all.

"You're awake." The same familliar voice from before was heard, causing you to turn to the direction of which it came from.

The being with no face, made from light looked at you, you reconised her, but something was different, the light that surrounded her wasn't clear but perfectly bright and the way it was supposed to be.

"Forgive me Y/n but I had to do what I did, you'll understand soon." Two hands made from light were then placed on your head, holding it, the sensation was warm yet particually staticky, causing your hair to rise up, acting as if you were upside down.

You felt a rather sharp and painful zap, but you couldn't do anything bout it, because you weren't in reality anymore.

Everything was dull, the walls were white, the floors were white and the sky was, surprise, surprise, also white. It was like you were stuck in a cube.

Instead of staying still you decided to wander around, attempting to figure out why you were where you are. 

That was until you looked underneath you, the white flooring slowly losing opacity, giving you a full on view on what looked like Earth. Children, humans and monsters roamed around, everyone was alive and well.

You reached out to touch the flooring which showed everyone running around, alive and healthy, but you couldn't, there was some sort of barrier stopping you.

Confused you furrowed your eyebrows and tried again but the same thing happened.

You sighed as you looked up, the opacity of the ceiling also disappearing, showing you monsters, humans and children with angelic wings and yellow discs floating above their heads.

That was when it clicked.

On the bottom was those alive and on the top was those who have lost their lives.

You figured it out slowly but surely, you couldn't pick a side, because you weren't dead nor alive, you weren't on Earth or the afterlife.

You were in the In-Between.

~

Heavy breathing.

Heavy breathing and sighs of disbelief filled the air.

A skeletal figure lay on the dusty ground, curled up in a ball, nothing stopping him from leaving or running away, but he didn't.

"Y/n...Sweetheart.." A dull and expressionless voice came from beneath the skeleton's teeth.

Sans was feeling hopeless and regretfull, he regretted not being able to help you, he wanted to be by your side, to see how you were and to see if you were okay.

But that was impossible, your body had disappeared.

No trace of you was left behind.

It was as if you vanished in thin air, as if you were running away from the Earth without telling anyone. 

Sans unwrapped his arms from his torso as he looked up, lifelessly, he looked done. Done with everything at this point.

He slowly stood up and walked towards where your body once was, kneeling down and grabbing a fistful of dirt.

The dirt which was held in his clenched palms was thrown away in a fit of rage, loud yells came from the skeleton, along with some silent sobs, "Everything went to f*cking sh*t!" He grabbed some more dirt and threw it once again, "I can't even protect one f*cking human." He held his head, in attempt to cool down and let his feelings wash away.

He wasn't one to show feelings other than anger but who could blame him, he doesn't know anything about what happened, he just saw you get impailed, pass out then disappear.

Everything that had happened in the past few hours has taken a toll on whatever sanity he had left.

Sans began to curl up into a ball again, he closed his eyesockets and began to sleep away the pain and erase it from his brain.

It wasn't long before he fell into unconsciousness.

A/n The song above does not fit at all but I put it up for fun, because I was listening to it as I wrote this, which is why it doesn't really have any parts that make you catch the 'feels'