12

Chapter twelve: Salty much?

*UNEDITED*

You continued to dig into your hazy memory, attempting to remember what happened while you were asleep, furthermore what your 'dream' was

But you were snapped out of your thoughts and into the cruel reality when something poked your cheek, rapidity.

You looked over to your right, Sans was poking your cheek, "Could you not?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Well you weren't answering me and this was an effective solution." Sans replied with a smug grin making you roll your eyes, "Smartass."

"Anyway." You stood up and began to dust the dirt off of your clothing, "We should keep going, we could find water, there's a possibility."

You weren't argued with, resulting in the two of you going on your way, walking with the sun glaring down at both of you like it had a grudge.

You both continued to walk for hours, you didn't stop until your legs felt like they were about to shatter, it felt as if your skin was about to boil off of your bones, oh that and you had found something.

"Fell look!" You pointed to the dirt about twenty metres away from where you were standing.

You started to walk towards it, Sans following, "There's nothing but dirt, Y/n whatever you're seeing probably isn't even there."

"Well I see dirt too so your theory is out, but look!" You pointed out how the dirt was a little damp, "It's not completely dry, help me dig this up, there's a high chance of water being underneath"

Sans looked at you like you were crazy but he didn't object, the both of you started to dig a hole with your hands.

It was a lot harder than it looked but luckily the dirt was partially soft so it wasn't as hard to dig.

Small pebbles cut into your fingertips as dirt found a place deep within your fingernails, your hands feeling awfully dry and crumby but you continued to dig, as did Sans who was suffering from tiny, shallow cuts on his fingers, acting like paper cuts, the cuts weren't deep enough to do him any harm thankfully.

~

The two of you continued to dig until your hand landed in something wet.

It was water.

(Don't be starting a debate about 'Water is not wet' On me, I will fight you)

"Holy sh*t look!" you gasped, pointing to your moist hand then at the small hole in thr ground, which had a small puddle of muddy water inside it.

"Well congratulations." Fell replied with jazz hands, "But the water looks undrinkble so I wouldn't touch it if I were you."

You smirked before you touched the water with your index finger, "I touched it, whatcha gonna do about it?"

He glared at you, giving you a testing glare that read something on the lines of, 'Don't test me hoe.'
His glare was intimidating yet playful.

(What would you do if he called you a h o e ? I would slap him for calling me a gardening tool XD)

Part of you wanted to test him but the other part didn't, so at this point you were divided in what to do until you mentally said, 'F*ck it.' You opened your mouth to say something sarcastic as sh*t. But you didn't get a chance to be crowned as sarcasm queen due to something happening.

*BoNk*

"Ow what the f*cking f*ck?!"

You held your head as you looked up with a scowl on your face, a somewhat short female was hovering above you it took a few seconds before it clicked, "You're the one who made me fail my drivers test." You spoke in annoyance and anger.

"Still arguing over that." The person laughed, something falling off her face and landing on the dirt beside Fell, "For the plot!" She spoke again before magically disappearing without a trace.

You crossed your arms and huffed, about to express your annoyance until Sans tapped your shoulder, you looked at him, he was holding a medium sized, stainless steel, slightly rusty cooking pot, it looked perfect for boiling water.

"Something useful actually happened!" Your face lit up in glee, "We can boil the wate-"

"Not without a fire we ain't." Sans cut you off.

You hung your head before it perked right back up again, a look of confidence laying upon your face, "Then we make a fire, It's easy, we can do it!"

"If you say so, Sans spoke before laying down on his back and closed his eyes, "If you're so confident you can do it yourself." 

"Wow, rude." You crossed your arms and looked to the side.

~

You didn't wander far from Fell but you wandered far enough to find a small bush, it had almost no leaves and dying branches, you thought it was perfect and plucked it out from the earth, carrying it back to the 'Camp site.'

"I have returned!" You exclaimed quite loudly, "I see that, my nap was interrupted." Sans groggily and grumpily sighed.

He was still laying down so you knelt down beside him, moving your face closer to his, almost giving him a heart attack, "Well I'm not sorry." you spoke calmly with a smile before you got back up and wandered over to the small hole of water.

You sat down, your legs crossed as you pulled apart the almost dead bush, separating the dead leaves and the branches, soon assembeling them onto the dirt you were eager to do the next step to create fire, a few moments later, your face dropped, "Sh*t what do I do again?" 

Laughter boomed from behind you until a hand was placed on your shoulder, "You mean to tell me, you don't know how to start a fire?" Sans chuckled a little.

"I didn't ask you for your opinion thank you very much." You crossed your arms before turned around to face the skeleton, "If you decided to speak up." You raised an eyebrow before continuing, "You must know what to do." You spoke with cockiness.

"As a matter of fact." He replied, "I do." He held something in his hand, hovering it in your face.

"Where did you get those?" You questioned.

"These glasses? The weird girl from before dropped them, they slid right off her face." 

He then knelt down beside the pile of twigs and leaves, held the lenses of the glasses up to the sun and waited for the heat to reflect onto the patch of dying remains of the bush.

It took a good six minutes before smoke made an appearance.

~

"What's wrong? Did miss fire expert forget how to light a fi-" 

"Don't test me." You spoke, "Anyone would've done it if they had a pair of glasses and a hot ass sun!"

"Salty much?" Fell chuckled, his hand rested atop of your head as he gently stroked your hair in a playful manor, to annoy you.

But it didn't annoy you at all, you hated to admit but you liked the sensation of your head being 'petted' for some reason.

(And if you don't, come at me because I got nothing else to write)

A/n So this book is off hiatus for a bit. yay..?