27

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Promise.

//Unedited//

The sound of sheets rustling and slight squeaks of rusty, loose springs filled the air

The sound of sheets rustling and slight squeaks of rusty, loose springs filled the air. A figure, short but big boned stumbled our of what appeared to be a king sized bed.

"Another day in this sh*thole," a low grumble sounded out as the figure's identity became more clear. With his usual items of clothing which he appeared to of slept in, bags under his eyes and a golden tooth, underfell Sans stumbled out of the bedroom he was previously resting in.

Sans walked through the halls until he entered a familiar kitchen, there were holes in the walls, some were roughly patched up, there was a broken door and dirty dishes scattered everywhere.

The skeleton sighed and opened a cabinet door, pulling out a small container, the contents of said container rattled as soon as it was taken grasp of.

"Ya'know," Sans opened the container, removing the lid and pulled out what appeared to be a white pill about two centre metres in length.

"The thing about antidepressants," Sans put the pill in his mouth and washed it down with a mouthful of water, "They've never been tested on monsters before, but hey..."

Sans sealed the lid back onto the container and put it away, "I'm willing to risk being a test subject if it means
Y/n can see me smile."

Sans sighed as he looked out of the broken window.

Despite his internal sufferings, the skeleton could still view the little things in life. Well, he hoped he still could.

Sans P.O.V

'It's a beautiful day outside, the birds are chirping, the wind is rustling the leaves causing them to sway back and forth in movement, and lastly, the flowers were blooming.'

'It's a beautiful day to see my beloved Y/n at the hospital.'

two months have passed and she's still not looking any better, you know I might actually be stable enough to label myself as fine.

But I'm not.

I'm far from fine.

Because I'm the reason she's wired up onto life support, slowly dying away into a coma.

"Please don't go, don't leave me in this world alone.."

____ ____ ____ ____

"Yeah, hi," Sans grumbled, standing on his tippytoes, "I'm here to see Y/n L/n."

"And what are your relations to miss L/n?" The woman at the front desk adjusted her glasses and began typing away on her keyboard, she took occasional glances, looking down at the monster, she was a tad sceptical.

"I'm her partner." Sans slipped down from his tippytoes which caused his feet to slap the ground, the sound echoed throughout the building.

"Alright." the 'gal at the front desk continued slapping away at the keys on the keyboard, "She's in room 403, the third floor." The young woman stopped typing and looked at the skeleton, "Would you like a guide?"

"No, what am I blind?" Sans grumbled in annoyance, "I'll be fine by myself."

"If you say so, sir."

____ ____ ____ ____

Huffing and puffing the impatient, grief-ridden monster slouched himself up countless flights of stairs, "Should've dealt with the crowd of humans and taken the f*cking lift."

A few flights of steps later Sans had reached his destinated floor, "Teleporting isn't an option when I don't know where the hell to go."

"403... 403... 403..." he repeated, mumbling to himself as his colourless eyes locked onto a door, "Found it."

Sans opened the door of your temporary resting place, after all, you weren't dead yet, he then quietly walked toward your motionless form.

Kneeling beside the bedframe Sans decided to break the silence, speaking over the continuous beeping of the heart rate monitor.

"Hey sweetheart." Sans imagined you springing up from your bed to punch him in the face from the nickname.

"It's just me, look I know it's been a long time since I've seen you and you have every right to be mad, but please, hear me out."

"I've been taking care of your house, fixing all the mess I made which I am truly sorry for." Sans took gentle grasp of your hair and began stroking it.

"It's been hard to find spare time."

"It's pretty tiring working two jobs but hey, it pays the bills."

"Your bills."

"No, our bills."

Sans removed his skeletal fingers away from your hair, "I miss you."

"Your smartass remarks and," Sans sighed, "It's my fault you're like this, I couldn't potect you from my br- boss," Sans paused, "No, he doesn't deserve that title, "My f*cktard of a brother did this to you and I couldn't stop him."

"The good news I guess is that he won't bother us anymore." The skeletal monster adjusted himself so he was sitting comfortably, "Not after what I did when I lashed out, it felt like something was inside of me, controlling me...."

"Who knew I had that kind of power."

"But I promise you, when you recover, I'll make everything right."

//End Of Chapter//

Edit: 15th September 2021

Sans did NOT kill Papyrus
Fjjdkfkdkfkkflfkfkd

He simply scared him enough for him to back off.

He either said sh^t or did sh^t take your pick--