Chapter 4 - Gone

Goal: 15 reads, 10 votes,  & 5 comments

Keith's POV

   The days went by so slow. Sometimes it seemed as if they were never ending. Today was Wednesday, it was exactly two days ago that I exposed the person I loved. It was forty-eight hours ago that I exposed Jay to the Shadow Men.

   When I got back to my small apartment, I was beating myself up for doing it, and Sandra was scolding me for even opening my mouth. I couldn't help it, I can't see my own mother die in front of me because of my demanding and cruel father... I just couldn't let it fly.

   So I had to do something, even if it meant giving up something that held dearly to my heart. At least I didn't say what apartment complex she was staying in or the apartment number, I purposely left that be a secret. But it seemed like Walker didn't care, for he just accepted the information and left.

   Just like that, he disappeared into the rain. Like nothing ever happened.

   I know why they are searching for Jay, and I know why they want her. But it's too hard to say without wanting to punch something. It seems like every wrong move I make always makes it's way back to me. And three years ago when I threatened to expose the NanoTech cooperation, they did everything they could to keep me quiet.

   But when I escaped from them, then I was able to be free and thats when I went to David's house.

   That night a ear ago when I opened up to Jay about my past, it was sort of a lie.

   Well most of it was a lie, accept for the beginning. I was kid napped by Walker and was taken to his apartment, but when I turned ten, I was taken to the NanoTech facility and was used as a sort of test dummy so that they could Roy out their inventions.

   Lots of them had side affects, but they weren't that harmful to my body, only some were. But over the years, I've gotten over what they did to me, and instead focused on other things, like Jay for example.

   She has helped me forget my past and live in the present, and I could never repay her the same way that she has for me. She's done so much, she's done more than I could ever do in a lifetime. Thats why she's so special to me, and I could never let her go.

   And that's why I have to go back.

   I have to be there for her. Being away from her these past eight months have made me weak and stubborn, and every single time a picture pops up on social media about her, my blood boils.

   Just like this one specific post I found, it made me scream at how cruel they've been to her. This post that I found last week showed my Jay lying on the sidewalk, her beautiful eyes closed and her face all battered and bloody.

   Whoever did this to her is gonna pay for all the things they have done. They are going to hate the next three weeks of their life entirely, and if it's more than one, than so be it, because I'm tired of seeing Jay being beaten because of that stupid video that was manipulated to make it look like she was the one who killed Brett.

   I'm sic and tired feeling the pain that crosses my chest every time I see hateful comments regarding Jay, and everyone who wronged her and disrespected her is going to get it, in one way or another.

   ***

    I pack up all my things, hurrying to do so. I'm eager to get back to Denver, to get back to Jay.

   I could already feel the rushes of excitement rising in me. I can't wait to see her reaction when she comes in the door and finds me.

    I cant wait for her to be in my arms again, so I could feel this familiar warmth radiating off her delicate figure that isn't so delicate.

    This morning when I decided to go back to Denver, I immediately booked a single ticket for myself. It was a cheap one, only costing me three hundred dollars. And I was only going one way, so I didn't have to pay round trip. When I get to Denver, I'm there to stay, for good.

   I quickly zip up the last suitcase and rush out of the door. I got ahold of Sandra and asked if she could take care of my car, and she was more than happy to.

   I run to the elevator, jabbing my thumb in the button.

   I figured that taking the stairs would only take longer, so the elevator it is. When the doors open, I'm faced with my neighbor, Andy.

   She has helped me a lot through this long distance relationship and has always been there to comfort me. She was around forty and had a thirteen year old son who lived with her and her husband. They would always take me with them to places, and I always had fun with them. Although I'm eighteen now, I still enjoyed hanging out with their thirteen year old son, Isaiah. He's fun and is always cracking some sort of joke.

    But when Isaiah and Andy came out of the elevator, they spotted me and immediately looked panicked.

   "Dear, where are you going?" Andy questioned.

   "Back to Denver, back to Jay." I say. Ever since I got here, Andy has been nonstop asking me about Jay. Wanting to know every detail about her, which I really had no problem with. Sometimes it helped calm me down when I would feel stressed.

   I turn to Isaiah, which I see that he is staring at me. "Are gonna come back?" He asks.

   "I don't know, maybe someday." I say and lean down and hug him and Andy. I really will miss the both of them, they were always loyal to me along the way.

   "Alright well I got to go now, goodbye for now!" I say urgently before scurrying into the elevator and pressing the lobby button. My apartment was on the forth floor, which didn't help my situation. I leaned against the bar, impatiently waiting for the bulky steel doors to open. And when they do, I bolt out like the place is on fire. 

    It earns me a few concerned looks, but I don't care. My flight is leaving in three hours and it takes an hour from here to get to the airport, depending on traffic, I should land in Denver somewhere around eleven or twelve-ish at night.

   Luckily, when I bought my ticket on the plane to Denver, there was only four open seats left, all scattered around the plane. So I quickly took my chance and bought a seat.

    I ran to my car, loading in the luggage and going in the drivers seat and starting up the engine. Then, I thrust my foot on the gas petal and charge forward on the road toward the airport.  Toward Jay.

----

There's chapter four! What did you think? What do you think Keith's reaction to Bennett will be when they get there? Comment your predictions and what you think ->

lets hit that goal!

~HAPPY READING 📖

-AlexisJadeS22

(For the image above, before I get questions, that is Keith's/Camden's last name btw, I will mention it later on when it is his POV, because he knows his last name already, but I will explain! So don't worry, thank you for reading and enjoy! 😉😎)