Chapter 29 - True Story

I hear faint voices far in the distance, they scream my name and say things I cant quite pick up. They sound so far away but so close at the same time. My head throbs and my body aches in pain. It's cold and the hairs on my arms stand up high. Goosebumps line my legs through my ripped jeans.

My cheeks feel bruised and raw. My hair is a matted down mess and I feel disgusting.

"W..a..k..e...U-P!"

I can't open my eyes, it's hard to gather the energy to. My stomach feels empty because of the lack of food I've had the last two days.

"Wake. UP!" Someone shouts, and is kicking my side. I don't budge, but when I'm picked up by the arms and slung down somewhere, I'm finally awake. I'm forced to bite back a piercing scream, biting down hard on my tongue, the taste of metal fills my mouth.

When I lift my head, I see that I've been placed in a steel chair with retrains around my wrists and the person that I assume threw me down here is strapping my ankles in. This is unnecessary because if I didn't have enough energy to lift my eye lids a few seconds ago, then how am I supposed to stand and try to escape?

My eyes come in contact with Walker first before anything else, he is standing with his arms crossed under his chest, leaning back in a chair that is across from me. There's a table in front of us, the room literally looks like an interrogation room from one of those Law & Order shows. With the table, chairs and the screen to my left, this could be very well be a set of one of the shows.

"You're probably wondering why you're here, I assume." I don't answer, instead I just glare into Walkers cold, dark eyes and try to put as much lust as I can in my stare. But Walker seems unaffected by it, which really was no surprise to me.

"We're here to talk about a subject that you probably think about a lot..."

"Which is?" I spat.

"Your parents."

At that my whole body freezes. What does he know about them? He didn't do anything to them, are they still alive?

Hundreds of different questions flood my mind at that very moment, but I struggled to keep them under complete control. I wanted to burst out and ask ever single question and get an answer.

"I know what you're thinking, I will tell you what I know and only what I know. But first I should tell you the basics because you've never met them before."

Why is he being so nice all the sudden? It's strange, and I feel that this isn't going to end well.

"So you already know how you became an orphan, but that story isn't true."

Isn't true?! I'm beginning to think that everything I know is a lie...

"What really happened...was you were in the car with your father, who was only half sober. He took a wrong turn and cut someone off and ended up in the ditch. He later ended up dying. You were in the car when the ambulance came, and you were still alive. But later when the court found out that he was drunk, your mother was charged and was taken away. She lost her custody of you. I was at this hearing, and when they said that you would have to go to a foster home, I offered to take you to one..."

A traitor tear escaped my eye. I don't know what was more painful, figuring out that my father might be an alcoholic and my mother was taken away from me, or the fact that the story I was told my whole life was a lie.

"That's how you ended up at David's so young. That's how I knew your name that day when I asked for you. That's how I knew everything, because I was the reason that you were taken there. As for your mother, she is still alive... but she is in jail for a crime she committed a week after you were taken away from her, she robbed an entire bank and was sentenced to serve years in prison, that would mean that she would get out this year."

My irises were swollen. Tears were streaming down my face like a cascade, it was never ending... it just kept going.

"I have something for you. I think you'll need it." Walker said, before pulling out a folder with papers neatly tucked inside.

Walker pulls out a certificate, a birth certificate. He places it down in front of me and I peer down at it, though my vision is blurry, making it hard to make out what is on the piece of paper that lies in front of me.

I stare down at it for a long time, trying to see the letters that are typed along the surface in a straight line. I can't necessarily wipe my eyes due to the fact that I'm tied down to a chair, so it takes awhile for my eyes to return to normal, and when they do...

I read the text slowly and carefully.

Scarlett Davis
Born: January 18 2000

My real name is Scarlett Davis. My real name is Scarlett Davis.

A whole new level of shock takes over my body, raking my brain and burying itself deep within.

"W-why are you showing me this?"

"You deserve to know."

"I-I thought t-that this was confiscated." I choke on my own words, I'm still surprised that, I actually know my real name.

"No, I'm giving this to you now so that when you leave, you can have a new life with a new name, you can be renamed.

I can be renamed.

I am renamed.

________

Alright... and now for the moment you all have been waiting for... it's time to reveal the traitor! Comment who you think it is and get the next chapter dedicated to you!

HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22

🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓