Chapter 40 - Dead

The days flew by as if they were seconds. And hours flew by as if they were minutes.

our conversations only grew and grew and every night I would always end up next to him, wrapped and tucked protectively against his side. The heat from his body would always radiate off him and to me, making it a pleasurable feeling.

I've been in the hospital for three days, refusing to leave when Keith would tell me to get food, refusing when Keith told me to go to school, refusing when I was told to do anything other than to be here with him. Right now, I don't need anything more than him.

He's all I got. And I wont be ripped away from him for a third time. I will never leave his side again, I will always be stuck like glue to him. He's the reason why I'm so motivated to keep on going through the pain, when others don't have the opportunity to do that.

And for that reason, he will forever be my diamond. He means the world to me, and I can't loose him, for if I did, I wouldn't be able to get rid of it, of him and the scar that he left on my heart. He told me that I carved a scar into his, and he did to mine too. He will always be apart of me, and there is nothing that can change that.

We live as that one bond, the one that can't be broken, for it is strong like a tiger and as flexible as a gymnast. Through the ups and downs, I know he will always be there, and I will always be there for him.

No matter what, no one can get in the way of the bond, nothing can break the barrier, no matter how hard they might try, it's impossible. Our love is sort of like titanium, strong and certain, hard to break. There isn't a soul alive that I'd rather be with, other than Keith.

He makes my life complete, and I will forever hold him close to my heart.

***

"Please, you need to eat something! You're really pale, and weak. You have no energy, please, eat something. put something in your system! Do it for me, I'm not going anywhere, I'll be waiting for you when you get back, I promise." Keith pleads.

I let out a defeated sigh and raise to my feet, my bare skin was covered with goosebumps in a matter of seconds. I sit down and start to lace up my shoes so I could go out into the foodcourt and get the food that Keith has been begging me to get for the past hour and a half.

I haven't had much to digest this week, being stuck with Walker who refused to feed me and having this all happen, my body has been aching for some vitamins, proteins, and nutrients.

The food court was bustling with people of all ages walking around in a calm manor. There were very few open tables and chairs. Families of all sizes would crowd around their loved one that might have came out of surgery a few hours ago, eager to speak to them and talk to them once again.

The thought made me smile, the sight made me happy for them and for every single person in this room that has been reunited with their sick or injured loved one. As for me, that's what I was able to do, I was able to be reunited with Keith once again and for once, I feel safe. Safe from all the outside danger.

   ***

   I walk back tot he room, feeling refreshed and energized with the greatly needed food in me now. I reach and open the door, it opened just as it always did, the hinges creaking the cringing sound that always hurt my ears.

  but this time, when I went inside, two doctors were there with clip boards and white lab like jackets with blue scrubs underneath.

   "Ah, miss Newman, we are very glad that you are here," One doctor spoke with a sudden urgency.

   "Is everything alright?"

   "No." The other doctor answered.

   "Why, what happened?" I suddenly glance at Keith making sure that nothing was wrong with him, but when I turn I only find that he has the same confused look as I do.

   "Yeah, what happened?" Keith asks, his voice full of concern and question.

   "Camden, do you remember any past events that happened before you fainted due to extreme blood loss?"

   "No sir." He answered honestly.

   The doctor with black hair sighed and stared longingly at the paper clipped securely onto the clip board.

   "Camden, we are so sorry to say this, but the other passenger-"

  "Other passenger, what other passenger?" I ineroupt, I'm getting anxious and I cant help it, Im standing on the tips of my toes ready to hear what was gonna slip off his tongue.

"Camden, Jay, were so sorry for your loss,"

"What loss will one of you just spit it out and tell us!" Keith spat.

"Adam, your brother, he didn't make it. We're so sorry."

That's when the world turned upside down, everything around me went dizzy and for a brief moment, It felt as if someone was screaming 'no', but I skipped the though when I hit something hard and cold, my body falling limp upon it.

I couldnt move, and the air around me felt cold.

As cold as winter.

He's dead.

He's gone.

Forever.

_____________

THERE"S THE LAST CHAPTER!😭 SO SAD!

Thank you so much for reading RENAMED and deciding to continue on with the series! I really appreciate you and your support!

I hope that you have enjoyed the second book and I can't wait to see you in the next book which will come out May 7th!

HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22

  OH, and one more thing, there will not be an epilogue because the one I have planned will give too much of the story away, so there will be no epilogue, I'm sorry!