Chapter 34 - Reaction (Bonus Chapter)

Will's POV

Night of disappearance.

"Where do you think they went?"

"I don't know, they were here one second, now their not."

"Maybe they got caught in traffic?"

"Seriously Thomas, I don't think that they would be in traffic at twelve in the morning!"

"Dang, it was just an option."

"Yeah, a stupid one."

"Geez, when did you become so moody all of a sudden?"

"Why do you think?"

"Well, if your gonna be like this, then maybe I should leave so you can sort this out."

"Be my guest!"

"Bye!"

I ran my fingers through my blonde hair, yanking at it in pure frustration. They were both here, now their gone. I hope they didn't run away...again. What if something happened?

Why does this have to be so nerve wracking?!For the last hour I've been calling Keith's phone off the hook, but got no answer all thirty times.

"where did you go?!"

***

Current day

The apartment felt so empty. So lonely. The sun was setting over the mountain tops and it casted a glow that filled the room, cascades of light flowing inside freely through the blinds. Keith nor Jay have came back, but earlier today, I got a call from Jo-Je saying that Keith was at he house.

And to think, it took then four days to call me, while I was sitting here worried out of my mind waiting for someone to answer. which, to none of my surprise, no one did. Today was an uneventful day, it was one of those days were the minutes flew by like hours.

It was one of those days were each second felt like a minute long. I was seated at a bar stool when the Tv that was on the news goes straight to breaking news. I really don't know why I watch it sometimes, I guess I like it because of the drama and crime stuff that rolls through every once in a while.

But other than that, it was pretty much useless to me. I could really care less about the weather and the sports news was boring, truly a drag-on and a waist of time. The stool creaked as I turned to reposition myself so my body was facing the flat screen that was mounded on the side of the wall.

"Breaking News," the anchor spoke in a mellowed tone, focusing his attention to the camera as if he were looking at the viewer (me). "A car crash has recently happened off of east bound I-25 Kipling, leaving one dead and one severely injured to what it seems. The injured one is on his way to the hospital as we speak. These are some photos of the wreckage,"

On the screen, a large photo took over the TV, the photo stretching to fit the entire area. On the screen, there was a car, more like a truck, a blue Ford truck that was almost on its side, but not completely. The interior was scratched and the exterior was dented, busted, and completely totaled.

Then a sudden realization hits me, like a brick in the face. I pace to my phone which was laying peacefully on the coffee table in the middle of the living room. Rushing toward it, I almost knock over the glass lamp, but if I did, I wouldn't care because this is way more important than a lamp that could be replaced later.

The words that the anchor had previously said were lingering in my brain, repeating over and over again in a never ending cycle.

'Leaving one dead and one severely injured.'

My fingers were working fast to punch in the numbers in my passcode, messing up a few times then getting in successfully. I tried taking in deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling, but my heart was still pounding in my chest, creating a stinging pain to rip through my ribs.

"Please pick up, please pick up" The familiar buzzing of the phone continues to play through my ear, leaving me anxious and eager for someone to pick up, and fast.

The buzzing stopped and a smooth voice played through the speaker. "Hello?"

"Eli, get Jo-Je, now!" I demand with an urgent tone that is clearly shown in my voice.

"Woah, what's wrong?"

"I don't have time for this! Put Jo-Je on the dang phone, NOW!"

This time he does as I say and his footsteps come in heavy thrusts when he treads across the wood floor of the house, making his way to who I assume would be Jo-Je. And when her voice came thought the speaker, my heart literally dropped, sinking in further into my chest.

"W-Will?" Her voice was rasp and was on the verge of breaking.

"Jo-Je, w-was that their car on the news?"

There was a long unsettling silence that filled the room, my pulse and adrenaline was speeding, it felt as if it was going to make my capillaries burst.

"Yes."

My body went weak to the knees, the phone slipping out of my grip and tumbling to the ground, landing harshly on the floor.

"Oh, oh my gosh."

"Will...you need to come down here."

I didn't answer, instead I was heaving on the floor, desperately sucking in the air that made my lungs flare.

"Why?" I whisper to myself.

"Will?"

"I-I'm coming." At that, the line went dead, I was crouched on the floor, burning my head into my hands, my shoulders were bouncing as I tried to hold in the cries, this only caused a razor sharp burn to cut through my throat and for it to go dry, all the moisture evaporating.

The two people who I've been so close with, the two who have became my older brothers... they're gone, they're hurt. Although it might not seem like it, I had and still do have a very strong relationship with both of them, but mostly Adam, he would always hang out with me and invite me places, but now... I might not be able to see him, or Keith again.

I rushed to the counter, grabbing hold of my ring of keys and zipping through the door, leaving everything behind.

My one focus at this moment was to get to the house I left nine months ago. To get back to my adopted family who is in pain and need. Running down the stairs to the lobby, and treading out the doors and to my car, I place the keys into the ignition and the engine roars to life.

I'm coming.

I'm coming.

__________

Okay, there was Will's take on the accident, very sad😭😭😭

But... don't worry, this will end on a SUPER happy note, so don't panic!

HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22