Chapter 8 - Surprise Surprise

Goal: 25 reads & 20 votes

Keith's POV

When I saw her standing in the hallway, about to turn around, I quickly smiled with joy; for she was standing in front of me this very moment.

It was eight months ago the last time I saw her, the last time I had her in my arms. And now, she was right in front of me. Shock filled her eyes and I laughed. She charged after me and jumped on me and took me to the ground, embracing me tightly.

I laughed a little harder and she did too, I wrapped my arms around her warm body and I felt her tense muscles relax under my touch. When she pulled away to look at my face, I saw that she was crying tears of what I hope was joy and happiness.

I smoothed down her soft blonde hair and whispered in her ear "I've missed you."

"Me too, a lot actually." She says, beaming with excitement and still a little bit of shock.

I stared into her beautiful, dazzling, green eyes and couldn't resist pecking her soft lips. I hugged her tightly to my chest again and stood up, with her weight too; which wasn't much. She weighed like a feather, which kind of got me concerned a bit. Now that's she's seventeen and almost an adult, it is important for her to stay healthy and at a good weight.

But right now, she looks under weight, really underweight actually.

I didn't focus on it much longer because I wanted to spend my time with Jay in the present, not in the future or the past, like I've been doing all day today, yesterday and practically the whole time I was away from her beautiful face.

She wrapped her legs around my torso and held on tightly, wrapping her arms around my neck. She buried her face into my shoulder and I felt myself and her relax.

We stayed like this for a minute or two, not saying a word, just enjoying the silence of the room and the presence of one another. It's been so long since we've been like this: together, in the same room, and enjoying each other's company.

Honestly, it feels as if it was yesterday that we were sitting by the lake in the forest in Arizona. It seems as if it was yesterday we were in the kitchen together at Brett's house and shared our first kiss.

I missed those days, but the only reason why was because Jay was always with me. She never ran away from me, or never gave up hope. Instead she continued to fight through the pain that was caused by Walker and the Shadow Men.

And most importantly, the lies that the news told that day. And the manipulated video footage of Jay holing Brett at gunpoint, although it was Walker who did it. Not Jay. She was with me the whole entire time underneath the stairs of the ten-ish foot high porch, hiding from him and his men that were only above us.

I can't imagine how people have been treating her, because as soon as that video was broadcasted in the news, it went viral just about everywhere else, becoming national to all the states. It was gut wrenching the things I would read regarding Jay, they were cruel and brutal. That's why I can't wait to shower down the school and hunt for the person or persons that has been hurting Jay and causing her unbearable pain.

Jay let her legs fall off my sides and I instantly wished that they were still there, keeping me relaxed and calm. But then a thought came in mind. Will mentioned something about a dance tonight when he came and picked me up from the hotel I stayed at this afternoon. He said that it would be a good idea to bring her along because she has done nothing but stay here and completely shut herself out of the outside world and all the sudden became anti-social. Not that she already was before, but she seemed more closed off than normal.

"I have a surprise for you." I say, while placing a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"What is it?"

"Follow me." I said. I took her hand in mine and we walked over to my suitcase. When Will told me about this dance, I ordered him to stop at Burlington so that I could pick up a nice and fancy dress for Jay to wear, and he actually agreed to take me there without any complaining and helped me pick it out.

I unzipped the first layer of my suitcase and inside lie a white long flat bag that held Jay's dress so that it wouldn't get messed up or wrinkled at all.

I snatched the hanger and held it out in front of me, taking off the bag carefully and slowly, but I quickly stopped.

"Close your eyes." I said.

She just nodded and covered both of her eyes with her hands.

"No peaking." I add and start to peel away the bag, revealing a beautiful black and white dress with sparkling diamonds around the waist and ruffles falling freely from the waist. I really was a pretty dress, and , it was Jay's style too.

It truly was perfect.

"Okay, open your eyes." I said holding the dress out in front of me.

Jay slowly lifted her hands away from her eyes and her reaction was priceless. Her eyes lit up and her mouth was open,staring in awe at the dress.

"I-it's b-beautiful!" she squeals and jumps up and down in place. I could tell that this is the happiest she's been in a long time.

Then she came up to me and embraced me tightly again, not letting go. I did the same, and we stood there for a good five minutes until Jay broke the silence.

"How did you find such a perfect dress?" She questioned, she was still overly joyed and so happy with me and the dress I picked up for her.

"Went to Burlington and Will and I pickled it out for you." I said into her ear, placing my head in her neck, resting my chin upon her shoulder bone.

"Thank you, Keith. It's beautiful."

"I know, that's why I picked it. because it reminded me of you."

And I imagined her smiling at this moment and she hugged me tighter, confirming that indeed she was smiling from ear-to-ear and blushing a little, which made me chuckle to myself in joy.

I'm just so excited to be back in Denver.

To be back home by the Rocky Mountains.

And most importantly, back where I belong with Jay safely in my arms. like the olds times were. all those months ago.

______

  YAY Keith's Back!! What did you think about this chapter, did you like it, love it, or didn't like it?? I hope that you liked it, anyway I know it was kind of a mushy chapter, but I promise that the next four chapters are gonna be all... actually I'm not going to tell you because you need to read it for yourself 😉

    Anyway, thank you so so much for being apart and helping my book be a big it, hopefully, by the end of April or in the first week of May, we can get UNNAMED up to 1k reads!! And when that happens, there will be a special surprise!! Thank you again so much for reading and showing support by voting, I just cant thank you enough!

    It means a lot to me to know that I'm making good entertainment for others and I'm only Thirteen! I love reading your awesome comments, so keep them rolling! And don't forget to vote for the chapters!!

  HAPPY READING!!

~AlexisJadeS22

   😘😘😘