Chapter 12 - Out Of Hand

Goal: 30 reads & 15 votes

Will and his friend group disappeared from my line of sight, I scoured the dance floor and found all four of them had crashed in on some girls talking with one another.

Typical.

I stood there all alone, silent and scared. Hoping that he and his friend group wouldn't come. That for once they would just leave me alone. Just for a night they would leave me alone, that's all I want and that's all I am hoping for.

But everyone doesn't get what they want. because once I was done thinking about being Bennett free tonight, a bone chilling voice shouted from behind me.

"Well, I'm surprised to see you here." He said with a mocking tone.

"Yeah, aren't you all?" I spat. I'm done being scared of him, although I desperately didn't want him near me. Every time from now on, I vow to myself to not be afraid of this monster that feels the need to deprive me of my content.

I'm sick of being treated like that and I'm sick of him.

"Wow, got some fire in you tonight, that's a shocker!" Jordan yelled. I felt them and their friends inch closer to where I stood. I instantly felt claustrophobic. I stared at the ground, but I decided to look up, to stand up for myself once and for all. But when I did, I was welcomed with a scene on twelve boys trapping me in a circle.

They acted like hyenas and I was their prey.

Everywhere I turned they were there. Every direction I stared in, they were there. They were everywhere, spreading like the plague.

Bennett stepped in closer to me, I turned my back so now I was facing him.

"The word is that you came here with a handsome guy. I highly doubt that's true, is it?"

"Why do you care?" I spat.

"I don't." He said.

"Okay... then why are you talking to me like you own me?" I say, stepping closer to him.

That only earned me a slap on the side of my face, my head flung to the side and my hair curtained my face. My hand flew up to the side of my face and felt the stinging pain run through my body. I must have bit the inside of my lip hard because I tasted blood.

"So where is this 'guy' of yours at? I bet you he's non- existent. Or he's short and scrawny looking. You probably payed him to come with you, because who would go to a dance with a lunatic who could kill him at any moment? Why would someone be dumb enough to just come with you willingly to a dance? They truly would have to be insane to do so. Anyway, back to my question. Where is this dude?"

"Yeah where is he? I can't wait to beat the crap out of him and his scrawny body. He's probably some stupid freshman who didn't know any better but to back down on taking you here." He laughed.

"What about someone being stupid enough to come here willingly?" Someone coldly says from behind Bennett.

My body immediately relaxes. Knowing that he is back with me. And I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see its actually a hot senior who's nothing but muscle who took me here. I cant wait to see them run for the stars and cry for mercy.