Chapter 10 - The Dance

Goal: 30 reads & 18 votes

By the time we made it to Wildcat Reserve, It was six, which means that the dance has already started. We most likely would make it to the doors by six ten, if we were lucky.

But we walked slow, and Keith slung his arm around my shoulder while I had my arm round his waist. I held on tightly because of the heels, I was still struggling with them on and I knew my feet were gonna be very sore by tomorrow.

I regretted choosing these shoes, very much.

I was interrupted from my wandering thoughts when Keith asked me another question.

"So, has everyone been nice to you?" He questions.

My faced paled a bit, my happiness level just went from a one hundred to twenty in less than two seconds. This was seriously the last thing I wanted to talk about right now, but I knew I had to tell him something sooner or later, but I chose to tell him later.

"Yeah, sort of. But I don't want to talk about it right now." I simply say.

"Okay, I'm sorry for bringing it up." He apologized.

"It's alright, no need to be sorry." I smile up at him and place a light kiss on his cheek. The thing was, even in these two or three inch tall heels, I was still short compared to Keith. He's just so gosh darn tall! Which is kind of weird because Sandra isn't that tall, and Walker isn't the tallest either.

The mentioning of Walker made me shiver, I hate it all the things that he did to Keith and his family. I just hated him in general.

I let the thought fly because we were now walking up to the school. The front of the building had spot lights beaming in the sky, moving back and forth high up in the atmosphere.

My smile returned and I began to get excited again.

Inside, I could hear the music blaring. The door was being held open by a rock and there was a sign saying 'Welcome' and we walked inside. There was Juniors and Seniors everywhere. They crowded the entrance and the halls beyond the check-in stand.

Keith led me to the line waiting to get in. We stood there, our hands still within one another's.

Every once in a while, I would see girls give me a glare while guys gave me the look of shock and surprise. Probably because this is the first dance I've ever attended at this school and because of the fact that I actually have a 'date'.

For once, I didn't feel the slightest bit embarrassed of being somewhere. I felt strong for actually breaking out of my shell and being in front of the student body willingly. If Keith weren't here, I would never have come here from the start. I would be in my room being bored out of my mind and mourning over the fact that I had no friends to go with to the dance.

But today, was one of the happiest days of my life because my wish came true finally.

The line progressed quickly, but as it did, the amount of students standing in line waiting increased to the point where the line was standing outside the door.

It was now our turn to hand in our tickets as proof that we'd payed to come here before hand. But when it was our turn to hand in our paper tickets, the two girls running the stand stopped moving completely. They were paralyzed. From shock. From me. And from him.

I so badly wanted to roll my eyes, but didn't.

"T-tick-tickets p-pp-please." The one girl on the right stuttered. She kept her eyes trained on Keith while the other girl on the left studied me and my attire. Once again feeling the feeling of awkwardness.

Keith handed both of the tickets in and the girl hesitantly took them from in between his fingers.

I wonder if they recognize him from the news, they probably, most likely do. Its either that, or the fact that he's very attractive and handsome.

"T-thank you." The girl said.

We didn't say anything, we just nodded and walked to the side and farther into the building. When we left their line of sight, I heard both girls erupted into a fit of conversation. Talking about Keith and I, although I couldn't really hear them, I knew that they were talking about us because they would turn their backs and stare at us in awe and point their fingers at me.

When we walked into the open space of the hallway, there was a hallway to the left and the Drama theater was to the right. The hallway to our left was crowded with couples. All the girls were wearing beautiful and colorful dresses, while the men wore formal suits and ties, some even were dressed in polo shirts and jeans.

The dance was held in the gym, like any other dance would be. We made our way through the sea of Seniors and Juniors. I earned stares from both boys and girls, like I knew I would. Some were even gossiping to their friends.

Beside Me, Keith seemed to ignore it and just trained his eyes in front of him, his arm was now draped around my shoulders again. And I loved that he did it, to show that he's with me and I'm with him. I could tell that some of the girls were jealous because their dates would do nothing but lounge around and pretend to interested in their conversation.

   I leaned into Keith's chest and placed my head on his shoulder, that earned another wave of conversation. At this point I was kind of doing it on purpose to show them that I am able to have someone like me. For the longest of time, I remember people spreading word around the school that I will be forever alone and no one will ever love me because of all that I've done.

   But now that Keith is present with me, I was able to prove all of their arrogant minds wrong, and I was glad for it.

   Keith and I made it to the doors of the gym, and he stopped before entering.

   "Are you ready?" He asks.

  "As ready as I'll ever be!"

   He smiled, and pushed open the doors.

   The gym was alive.

   And anticipation only few inside me.

  "Let's go!"

________

    There's chapter 10! Yay, we made it to the first ten chapters! so exciting!

   Why do you think the girls at the ticket stand were acting funny toward Keith and Jay? And what do you think will happen next?🤔🤔🤔

   Comment what your predictions are.

   Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite song(s)??

   HAPPY READING

~AlexisJadeS22

    😁😁😁😁