Chapter 21 - Hallucination

Keith's POV

   It's been almost a total of five minutes since I heard the trunk close. It's been a total five minutes and Jay still hasn't blessed me with her presence yet.

   Perhaps she got distracted. But by what? There wasn't anything interesting outside that would consume a whole five minutes just because of starring. There was just nothing! But it got me wondering. Wondering if something happened.

   What if she forgot something inside, or simply needed to use the restroom. No, she would have told me that she was gonna go.

   I pull at my hair, running my fingers through it and untangling some strands.

   I decide to get out of the car, two minutes later. I had spend two minutes bickering with myself to check or to leave it be and believe that she was going to come in the car soon, but she didn't.

   I step off the side and descend. When my feet land firmly on the ground, I jaunt to the back of the car, where I know she would be, or at least thats where so was. 

  When I come around the side, I'm welcomed to what I feared most. The space that is in front of me is a void. There's no one around that could have seen her wander, besides one person that is loading bags into the car while the other person waits in the car.

   From here I couldn't really tell, but it looked lake a male figure because of his features: tall and broad looking.

   Without much thought, I involuntarily stride toward him, getting my phone ready to show him a picture I had of Jay on my phone. It was the last one I took of her before I left. It was the exact day I left, and I will always remember it as if it were yesterday because Jay and I spent the whole day together, just like today.

   The picture was of her laughing hysterically, I snapped this picture when she lest expected it, because we were taking selfies and she started laughing because of one of the faces I had made, so when she wasn't looking, I tapped the white circle button.

   To be honest, it was one of my favorite pictures of her.

   I was close to the man now. Now that I was close enough, he looked to be nineteen, a year older than myself but I stood taller than him by an inch max.

    I cleared my throat, getting ready to speak. "Excuse me?"

   "Yeah?" The guy says, his voice was dark and he peered at me, waiting for me to proceed in my question.

   "Um, have you seen this girl?" I held the phone up to him, close enough so that he could see but he took it from my hands and starred at it a bit longer.

   "I know her, but I haven't seen her now, if thats what you mean... wait, why are you looking for a murderer? Did she do something? Do you want me to call someone?" He asks urgently. Hearing him call her a murderer made the blood that ran in my veins flaming hot.

   "She's. not. A. Murderer." I grind on my teeth, holding in the urge to punch this dude.

   "The heck she ain't, have you seen the video showing her do it? She's psycho! Why on earth would you be looking for such a piece of worthless trash?"

   That's it, that's when I break. I clench my hands into fists and withdraw them behind my head, then quickly thrusting one hand forward. My hand made contact with his jaw, connecting with a loud crack noise.

   He curses loud in the crisp air, clutching the side of his jaw.

   "She's not a psycho!" I yell.

   "What's your problem!? You're just like her!"

   He's basically asking for it now. I thrust my hand down to his stomach and he groans in pain, doubling over and toppling to the ground. When I looked though the back window to the passenger seat, no one was there. Like I thought there was.

   Good thing there wasn't though, because I could have been in deep-

    "Jaxon!"

   Oh great...

   And, thats my cue to run.

   I start at a dash and sprint through the parking lot, disappearing from their line of sight. I could faintly hear that girl talking to the so called Jaxon I punched. Now that I think back to it, I feel horrible for ever lying a finger on him, though he spoke lies. Lies about Jay right to my face. 

    Now, I really see how I'm the son of Walker. He's abusive, and I'm turning into him. The thought made me shudder. The last thing I want to do is become him, to be him. I don't want to hurt Jay like he did to Sandra, my mom. I don't want to drive her away from me.

   I don't want to mess this love I have with her up, because she's the first love I've ever had, and I plan to keep it that way. She's special. She's different. Different in ways I can't really explain. But she is, she sticks out from the rest of the girls in the world. She is truly appealing and I want her all to myself, I know it's selfish, but I don't think I can live without her. She was my missing piece in my puzzle, and now that I have her, I can't let her slip through my fingers like thin smoke fading into the evening air at dusk.

   That is why I must find her.

   And I have the dangerous feeling that she isn't in the bathroom or somewhere else being distracted, because when I turn my back... I see him.

   I see him standing there with his hands behind his back, just waiting, starring at me like a hawk. His suit is straight and his shades firm, thats when my blood runs cold.

   I let them have her, I failed at my job of protecting her. I failed her. But I'm not going to give up, I'm going to get her back if its the last thing I do.

   I turn my back again, and when I shake my head to the side to seek a quick peek at Walker, he's gone.

   Gone like he wasn't even there. Like I was just hallucinating, like he was playing tricks on my brain again. Gone like he never even existed.

   But, when I turn, he was standing in front of me. Standing the same hight, maybe shorter than I. He parted his lips and gave me a devilish smirk.

   "Hello...Camden Parker."

   I froze.