Chapter 7 - Text Messages

Goal: 20 reads & 15 votes

   I pushed myself up. Stumbling backward again, and my back crashes into the locker. The slits cutting into my back like a knife. Iw wince and bike back a scream.

    Right now, life cant get any worse.

   Or maybe it can be because When I actually open my locker to get what I needed, it spit out hundreds upon thousands of letters.

   "Moron."

   "Lunatic."

   "Insane."

    As I kept reading the notes, the more and more I started to believe I deserved these titles. The more and more I felt that these titles would suit me, because that's what I am: Insane.

I quickly dropped the stack of letters I held in my hand and threw them across the hallway, they scattered everywhere, following the laws of gravity. I reached my hand in and grabbed my math textbook and left, heading straight for the doors. It felt like if I were to stay in this building one more second, I would burst. It felt as if my tears were going to flood the building and drown me within its labyrinth of corridors.

I felt pain every time I breathed. Every time I would suck in air, my lungs felt like there was a whole bunch of sharp needles in them, like they somehow got frostbite. The pain was excruciating.

When I checked the clock before I left the building, I saw that it read three fifty one. An exact hour and one minute from when the bell rang.

I've been sobbing my eyes out for an hour?

I pushed through he heavy steel doors and they shut loudly behind me. I hung my head low, staring at my feet as they came in front of me then made their way backwards. Following a one, two, one, two, one, two pattern the whole walk.

I stopped on the side of the sidewalk, checking the street for any on coming cars, and when I see none coming from either way, I cross.

J-walking all the way to the other side of the street, I kept my head up and alert for anything.

Anything as in him and his stupid pack of friends.

I rolled my eyes at the thought.

   From my standpoint, I was about ten minutes or less away from the apartment complexes I lived at with Will. I still can't believe that he was the only person willing to go with me.

   Hah, that ironic. Will was willing to move in with me, I know stupid joke but it was funny.

   Besides, I need to try to cheer myself up a bit, so that when I face Will tonight, I wont look like a mess and hopefully, my puffy eyes will shrink down to normal and the bloodshot veins of them will disappear, because if Will asks about it, I have no other choice but to surrender to him and tell the whole story.

   It happens ever time, as in everyday. Literally.

   I finally made it safely to the apartment and fumbled with the keys and the lock. Once it finally decided to cooperate and open, I was welcomed with...

   An empty apartment, like always. No surprise there. After school, Will always goes to baseball practice or Owen's house to do homework, leaving me here all alone with no one to talk to besides the red brick wall that lined the back wall where the front door was.

    I slung my backpack off my shoulder when I entered my room and fell on the bed, letting out a defeated sigh and pain struck my back where the three lips of the locker dug into my back. I swear, even things that aren't made up of cells are out to get me too.