Chapter 33 - Ambulance

Keith's POV

    My body screamed in agonizing pain. Every time I turned, every time I moved a little muscle, my body went into shock. It was like my whole life had flashed before my eyes. My vision was spotted with black dots, they were everywhere.

   I lifted my arm that was drained over the side of the seat, and a loud yell escaped my mouth, uncontrollably. The only thing that I remember was Adam about to tell me something... what was that something?

   Then after that, I thought we got hit, or in a crash, I can't remember. But all I know is that I'm here, lying helplessly on the leather seats, my arm covered in my own blood and my head pounding as if wrecking balls were slamming into the sides of my occipital lobe, damaging my vision.

   I stared down at my feet, lifting my head slightly and dropping it at the sudden nauseous feeling that took over. At the slight glimpse I had, I saw that my clothes were ripped and shredded, glass was surrounding my body and was imbedded into the soft carpets that lined the floor of the car.

    The metal was caving in, the red interior scratched and dented. From what I could see, the car was totaled... completely. I try getting up again, this time throwing my arms back with little to no momentum. My abdomen was screaming while my arms are weak and were going to give out any moment.

   When my body is steady and I'm sitting up right, the pain settling within again, I search for Liam and his honey touched brown head of hair.

   "A...Adam," I choked, coughing up a storm  and spitting out blood. "Adam, w-where are y-you?"

   No answer.

   "Bro, a-answer me. This i-isn't fun-" I was interrupted by yet another fit of coughs, causing my lungs to have excruciating pains, convulsions flooding my chest, making it feel as if thousands of nails were hammered into each of my lungs and trachea.

   "A-Adam, Please tell me w-where you are!" My voice is giving out, in a matter of time I might go mute. Then I spot it, I spot him slouched all the way down in the drivers seat...not moving. I struggle to get close to him, lifting myself over the setter console and into the passenger seat.

   Involuntarily, my hands slowly lift and push on the door handle, putting as much force into my pushes as possible. The hinges screech; on the last push, the door flies open and I go with it, falling chest first onto the pitch black asphalt.

   A loud scream of affliction escapes my lips, leaving my throat in a searing pain. The scream echoed and at my yells and cries for help, birds chirp and fly away, disappearing from my eyes and flying toward the sun, well, at least that's what I think is the sun...

   "P-please...h-help..."

   As if someone or something heard my cries, a loud siren pierces the crisp air and travels to where I was laying. The loud screeching lingers in the air, echoing just as my scream did. I don't know where I am, though I can see trees, a lot of trees.

   They went in every direction possible, surrounding me. The branches and leaves towering over my head, providing shade, but not much of it for the sun still made my irises burn.

   "Over here! The car...help them!" The unfamiliar voice filled the vacant space, it seemed far, but the sirens only came closer, to me, to Adam.

   "I see them! Get stretchers...Now!"

   Heavy footsteps approached and the bustling of leaves being kicked up was loud, more shouts and demands were screamed. I couldn't tell how many people there were, ten, maybe fourteen? I don't know, and neither do I care, all want I wanted was help, and reassurance that everything was gonna be alright.