Chapter 5 - The Office

Goal: 15 reads & 10 votes   

Waking up this morning was harder than any other day. Today was Friday, the last day of the week of torture. Though every single day is torture when I know I'm all alone.

    Tonight was that stupid dance and the social media page that secretly belonged to was blowing up about it. It said that there was gonna be fireworks and everything! But, I'm not going...

   No surprise there!

   The clock to my right read 5 o'clock and I mentally slapped myself because I over slept.

   I know what you're thinking, five is not over sleeping, but for me it is. I usually wake up at a four because I usually do something productive, like read or make Will and I breakfast. But when I smell the sweet smell of pancakes come from the kitchen just outside my room, I know that Will had made breakfast.

That really made me feel bad. I usually never, ever oversleep, I'm just not that type f person.

You know?

***
I paced into the accelerated math room, this is my third period. And I hate it.
I bet that you could only guess why....

Yeah, and the worst part is, is that I have to sit next to him! It's torture because he always purposely takes my stuff and always looks at my paper for answers!
Sometimes, I purposely mark the wrong answer then change it at the last minute, just so that stupid -
You know, I probably shouldn't say it. But seriously, he's just a huge jerk and I wished that I never came to this school, ever.

I quickly sat down in the large plastic chair and pulled out my things, like simple pencils and paper.

Then, when I look up again, my body goes cold because Bennett casually strolls I to the class like nothing is even happening.
He takes a seat next to me, at little too close for my liking. So, to solve that I harshly thrust almost all my energy into his chair legs; it managed to scoot him away a little, but his body is just so gosh darn heavy! All because his body is composed of mainly muscle.

The late bell signals in a loud blare, echoing through the large classroom. Mrs. Doris calmly walks in seconds later and walks to the front f the room. She pivots on her heels and stares directly in Bennett's and I's direction.

  Great...

"Ms. Newman and Mr. Jones, you are needed in the office." She says.

   I stare at her blankly, but she gives me a look of 'go!'

   "Um, now please!" She harshly states and points her finger toward the heavy wooden door.
    I shot up, but Bennett stayed seated. I charged toward the door, pulling on the handle and yanking it open.

   When I turn back, I see Bennett is now on his feet, lazily slinging his practically empty backpack over his broad shoulders, coming after me.
    And that's my signal to leave, so I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, down to the front office which is all the way on the other side of the campus.

When I turned my head again, Bennett was no where in sight. I let out a relieved breath, hoping that he got distracted by some girl, like he always does. But I spoke too soon when I ran into something hard, then was thrown in a choke hold up against the lockers. I swear that now they were dented.

I decided to keep it cool and not just snap in the middle of the hallway when I knew classes were going on.

Just keep it mellow...

"Ugh, why do you always have to slam me into something to get my attention?" I say as calmly as I can. I was struggling under his grip, like I always do.

Its really nothing new.

"Shut up! Look, if the reason why we're going to the office is because of you, then you are done for!" He whisper-shouts harshly into my ear, making his grip a bit tighter. That was going to leave a bruise.

Bennett gave me a look full of hatred, like he was trying to bury me under his feet. I swear that he's got some serious anger management issues, because he seems to always take it up on me. But I'm sick and tired of always putting up with it! I'm just sick and tired of him and Jordan! Always picking on me for no reason, I haven't even done anything to them!

That though makes a question spark to life in my mind.

"Can I ask you something?" I choke out, he was still holding me against the lockers, not willing to budge the slightest inch.

"You just did!" He spat.

Okay, seriously! That's like the stupidest comeback on the face of the earth. But I just let it slide and proceed in what I was going to tell him.

"Why do you always pick on me? I mean, I haven't done anything to you that I know of." I tried my hardest to keep my voice to a calm whisper, I wanted to show Bennett that he doesn't bother me anymore, thats why I gave up on trying to get out of his hold; which would only get tighter every second.

"You wanna know what you did to me?" Bennett questions, leaning in closer to me.

I don't respond,only stare into his cold eyes and nod.

"You came to this school, into my life, and into my business!" He gave me one last push before letting go and stalking off into the dimly lit hallway, toward the office. Disappearing out of my line of sight when he turned the corner.

I got really confused after that...what did the mean by 'into his business?' If anything, he got into mine and was nothing but rude to me! I don't understand him, I just don't.

I grab my fallen back back and sling it around my shoulder, shuddering at the impact of one of the books' end poking my back painfully. I quickly scurry to the office and when I get there, I see Bennett, and...and his parents! All sitting in principal Shawn's office.

Great. Just great!

_________

Okay, I know it might seem like it's not a big deal but it is! Today... UNNAMED hit 400 views! WHAT!! I would have never ever expected it to hit that high! Thank you so much for all of your support and your reads!

I really do hope that you have enjoyed UNNAMED and are enjoying RENAMED! Although it's like only got five chapter so far... but I promise you that I will keep updating! I really love writing this story for you, and I cant wait for all the plot-twists and secrets to come! 😈

Anyway, Enjoy chapter six!

~AlexisJadeS22