Chapter 26 - Feeling Alone

Keith's POV

The fact that I tried so hard to hide my past from Jay was a bad idea, because now she's gonna know the real me. As hard as I tried to keep my identity unknown, it failed miserably. The reason why I told Jay about it that night at Brett's house was because she deserved to know a little bit of it.

Some of the information I gave her is true, but about ninety-five percent of it is fake, made up, a lie. Being left by my parents was true, and that was practically the only part of it that was. The rest of my story was made up, false facts.

Walkers apartment wasn't real and when he gave me a shot to make me drowsy on unconscious was also not real. The way I described how I got my scars was fake, the way I got them was much worse and painful. But I don't know whats gonna hurt more, seeing her expression when I see her in four days or the fact of actually telling her.

I don't want to do either, but that would be risking loosing Jay permanently. And I can't do that. It would be impossible to forget her. Impossible to forget the way she acts and feels. She always managed to make me smile even when the times got tough. She always had a way to calm me when I was inflamed.

But I constantly was mad, it was because of all the things they did to me. All the things they did to others. they made me into a ticking time bomb and its only a matter of days when I explode, this will all happen in four days.

Though I cant exactly tell the future, I can sense that it will happen. The moment I come face to face with Walker, I will give him a piece of my mind, and give him a taste of his own medicine.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard the door open slightly, though my view of it was blocked.

The room was dark, the blinds closed. A cascade of light falling through the blinds only a little. Everything in the bedroom was a silhouette to my eyes, and I was the only one left in it. Adam had to go to school while Eli was at work, he turned nineteen in a few months and would be moving out.

"Keith, are you in here?" It was Jo-Je. She stepped into he room a little bit more and I could see her frame stride toward where I was lying down.

"Keith, are you alright?"

I don't open my mouth, instead just nod my head and wished that I was alone again. In the hose of right now, it was only me and her, so she couldn't really be distracted by anyone else, I was basically forced to talk to her.

She took a seat at the foot of the bed and stared at me. I stayed still, not making an effort to return the gaze, because right now, I wanted nothing else but silence as I figured out the best way to spill my real life story to Jay.

"Keith, you need to eat something. You've been up here for hours. It's one o'clock already, you can't stay in here forever." She places a hand on my ankle and fixes the hem of my sweatpants leg.

"I'm not hungry." I bluntly say, turning on my side so I'm not staring at her but at the other wall across the room instead where a calendar was set up.

"Look, I know that you're in pain right now, but you gotta get over it." Jo-Je says, her voice is full of annoyance.

She doesn't understand. I so desperately wish that I could tell the truth, but I can't, because of that threat Walker made to me yesterday. If I told anyone then I would be basically wishing Jay goodbye. Though there no one here, there could be hidden microphones and camera in here, and I don't want to try anything that might come back to me in the long run.

"I'm fine."

"Why are you so stubborn? It was just a relationship that probably didn't need to happen anyway."

"How can you say that!" I spat, sitting up now and my eyes furiously glare at her.

"All what I'm saying is that you two probably shouldn't have fallen for each other like you did because what if she decides she want to come back here?"

I want her to come back here. I want to be with her here where I know I can be safe. I run my hands through my hair and stand up, my body having little to know momentum doing so. A shiver runs through my body when my bare chest makes first contact with the crisp air.

Jo-Je stands up as well and stares at me, watching my every move as if i were going to do something. As bad as I wanted to beat the life out of something, I knew I couldn't, I had to stay mellow for the sake of Jo-Je. I didn't want to scare her on accident because of my uncontrollable anger towards Walker.

"Keith, calm down. I didn't mean it the way I did. If Walker didn't come here in the first place and corrupt our lives, we most likely wouldn't be in this mess."

"If I didn't come here in the first place, then we all wouldn't be in this mess." I mutter. Part of me regrets ever stepping foot though the front door, but another part of me is glad that I did, because if I didn't, I probably wouldn't know my brother, or I wouldn't be able to know what real love feels like, from Jay and everyone else who took the lace as my 'fake family'.

   Just when Jo-Je was about to say something, she was interrupted by the front door down stairs opening, then slamming shut.

   "Honey I'm home!"

   My eyes widen with a sudden realization. I came back her completely forgetting about David.

   I completely forgot about him, about all the swings he threw at me those years.

   I completely forgot about David Newman as a whole,

   And it was all because of Jay. She was the one that made me forget him and all the bad things in life.

   Oh how much I want to be with her, and when I get to NanoTech in four days, I will face Walker and end this madness once and for all!