Prolouge

My entire life I have done one thing, avoid the Winchesters. Sam, Dean, and even my father John, but he isn't a problem anymore since I heard he was killed my a demon. This saddened me of course, but he did tell my mom that he couldn't "handle" a daughter because he already had two sons. My name is Laura Covell, I am 23 years old, and have been hunting since I was 14. My mom started me in the life really early since my dad was John Winchester, she figured we would be targeted by everything that wanted to hurt him. This made sense, but I can't say I enjoyed moving around and spending 18 hours a day in a car with my mom going cross country finding the supernatural and killing it. What can I say, except that we saved people by hunting things, it was our family business. But the life caught up to my mom when I was 19. We were hunting a demon in the area, when it possessed my mom and tried to kill me, so I had no other choice. I threw some holy water on her, but before I could exorcise it, the demon shot my mom to try and get me to stop, but I knew what my mom would have wanted me to do. I exorcised it anyway and held my mom in my arms as she died. And as her eyes began to close she told me one thing, "You are an amazing hunter and I love you, but you have to stay away from Sam and Dean, they will get you killed." And with that, my mother died and I was on my own. I honored that promise for the next four years, but those boys just happened to catch the same case as me, and I didn't even know it. If I had, we would have never ended up in that barn at the same time.