Chapter Eighteen

Laura's POV

I woke up back in my room at the bunker, with a slight headache, but I looked around, and there was no Lucifer. And then I remembered, Cas had done for me what he had done for Sam, and taken away my hallucinations. I felt a wave of frustration, anger, and guilt rush over me, and ran to the library of the bunker. When I entered I saw Sam and Dean deep in conversation.

"HOW THE HELL COULD YOU LET HIM DO THAT?!?" I yelled at them.

"Hey! You do not get to yell at us for that!" Dean said pointing a finger at me.

"Like hell I don't! Cas shouldn't have had to do that I was taking care of it!" I yelled back.

"By killing yourself Laura?" Sam jumped in standing up.

"Yes by fucking killing myself, who would have missed me? You guys?" I said getting angrier by the second.

"Yes us, you know why? Because we are your brothers and we love you no matter how fucking hard you make it!" Dean yelled at me.

"Where's Cas?" I asked changing the subject.

"He's, um, resting," Sam said with a furrowed brow.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't think you should know yet, you are in a very fragile state-" Sam said but I cut him off.

"I'M NOT A FRAGILE BUTTERFLY THAT JUST SITS HERE AND LETS YOU GUYS DO ALL THE WORK! IM A FUCKING HUNTER JUST LIKE YOU, NOW TELL ME THE GOD DAM TRUTH WHERE THE HELL IS CAS?" I yelled more angry and frustrated than ever before.

"Well, he isn't in a coma like he was after me, he is just a little out of it, so we sent him to go stay at one of our buddy Bobby's safe houses with our mom," Sam said obviously getting I was done with being talked down to.

"Wait your Mom?" I asked extremely confused," last I heard of Mary Winchester she was dead, sorry by the way," I said scratching behind my neck from the awkwardness.

"Yeah well the darkness brought her back after we reunited her with God," Dean said with a smile at the end.

"Wow. Also can we just take a minute about how weird that sentence was, like seriously," I said with a laugh trying to lighten the mood a bit since I had calmed down.

"Yeah, that's our lives I guess," Dean said looking at me strangely.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing, it's just we have only had like two conversations where we didn't yell at each other, and I'm just really happy that you're back to normal," Dean said smiling.

"As normal as a hunter can be I guess, but how long until Cas is back to normal?" I asked getting more concerned than mad now.

"We don't really know, I guess we should just give him time," Sam said looking away.

"Hey Sam, has anyone ever told you that you look like a brooding Calvin Klein model when you do that?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Do what?" Sam asked confused.

"Just look off into the distance, it's kinda weird," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I TELL HIM THAT ALL THE TIME!" Dean said excitedly.

"Hey you're no better! You literally can not help yourself from going all blue steel," I said mimicking his little smolder.

"Haha very funny," Dean said smiling.

"So, um, your mom, does she know about me?" I asked playing with my hair.

"No, we haven't mentioned it, we kinda wanted you to be better first," Sam said also averting eye contact.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell her about me, why tarnish her image of your Dad right?" I said, but I could tell they knew how I really felt.

"Hey, he was your Dad too," Dean said going back to his brooding face that he makes so much.

"Not really, not when I needed him to be," I said playing with my hair even more.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"Never mind. Hey I'm a bit tired I'm going to go sleep," I said walking away.

And with that I wondered how messed up Cas was because of me, and how I was going to help fix it. I also wondered how Mary Winchester would handle it when she met me. Maybe I should just leave if she comes around. But, I knew Sam and Dean would protest to this since they think I'm a ticking time bomb, which I probably am, but I know one thing, I have to go out and hunt something or I'm going to explode.