Chapter Seven

I ran into my room and just stood behind the door letting a tear slide down my cheek. I haven't admitted a lot of the things I have done, and like I said that was just a small portion of what I have been through in my life. It then hit me, what am I still doing here? I don't even know why I stayed, I guess I was tired of being alone, but at this point I don't think they would follow me if I left. I started to pack what little things I had in my bag, when there was a knock on my door.

"Laura please let me in," to my surprise it was Dean's voice that came through he door, not Sam's.

"No Dean I'm just packing my stuff to leave, don't want to be another thing to be held over your heads," I replied still shoving my stuff in my bag.

"Laura come on we're family," Dean said, and this really pissed me off, like he totally forgot the conversation we just had. I walked over to the door and opened it when I was done.

"No Dean I think we very clearly established we are not, me and Sam might be family, and you and Sam might be family, but you and I are not family. The title of family has to be earned, and you calling me a bitch who is just another thing to be held over your head, that is not family. I left a note with one of my phone numbers on the dresser, call me if anything happens with Sam," I said as I pushed past him and into the hallway.

"What do you want me to say?" Dean shouted after me.

"I don't want you to say anything, I just wanted to get to know my brothers, turns out only one wanted me," I replied letting a tear slip down my face once again.

"Jesus Laura I'm sorry, but can you really blame me? You tried everything you could to ditch us, and tried to beat us up multiple times. We only just found out about you, you have to give us a chance to adjust," Dean replied getting steeping toward me.

"I don't blame you, hell I never even thought we would be having this conversation. The sad part about this situation, is the fact that I had to tell you what crap I've been through for you to stop looking at me like a bug," I said tears now flowing down my face.

"Please don't cry, I'm sorry," Dean began.

"No, you feel guilty, there's a difference," I said as I turned around.

"I'm trying here Laura I really am, why can't you give me a second chance?" Dean said running after me.

"I don't know why ok? Maybe I'm just so screwed up that I don't deserve for you guys to love me, maybe I'm past saving. And I know you're not trying to save me right now, but when you find out what else has happened in my life, you might, and I just can't have someone look at me like I'm broken again, I just can't," I said basically breaking down in front of Dean.

"Again?" Dean asked looking like he was unsure to ask.

"I had a good friend once, she tried everything to get me to stop hunting, she tried to fix what hundreds of demons have broken, my soul" I said. I guess this had some sort of effect on Dean because he let a single tear fall down his face before he pulled me in to a hug, and when I didn't pull away he squeezed tighter.

"You are not broken, you are one of the strongest people I have ever met," he said as he held me.

"You have no idea how much I wish that was true," I said as I pulled away.

"Please stay, I'm so sorry for everything that's happened since we met, please give me a chance to make it up to you," Dean pleaded with me.

"Ok," I simply replied as I walked back into my room. I closed the door behind me, to make sure Dean didn't ask anymore questions. I just sat on my bed thinking of my brothers, and how attached I had already become in such a short time.