Chapter Eight

I stayed in my room for two whole days after that, Sam and Dean tried to talk to me but I wouldn't, but then I guess they were worried I died or something because they tried to get me to open up, and when I didn't they kicked the door in.

"Shit ever heard of the word privacy?" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Open the door next time Laura," Sam replied laughing.

"Can I help you?" I asked with a lot of sass

"Yeah for one you can come down and eat something you need food," Dean said looking down at me.

"I'm not hungry. Good talk you can leave now," I said pushing them out if the room.

"Ok just, if you get hungry help yourself, we are going out for a supply run just stay here," Sam said. When they left the room I went into the kitchen, because I was actually hungry. After I ate a sandwich, I got really bored, so I decided to head out, I had been online and saw something that looked like I case so I wanted to check it out. I left a note on the table in the library that told them I was on a hunt and would be back in a few days.

I was about two hours away from the bunker when I got a call, it was Sam.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone as I put it on speaker.

"LAURA WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" Sam yelled into the phone.

"I left a note for you guys, I told you I'm on a hunt, what's the problem?" I replied a bit confused.

"The problem is that you can't just go off by yourself, you need help. Text me where your going and Dean and I will meet you there," Sam said calming down.

"Sam no offense but I have been hunting by myself for a while, I don't need your help. Just because we know of each other now doesn't mean we hunt together. You guys go about your lives, and when I'm done I'll head back to the bunker. Hell even pick up a case of your own, just don't worry about me," I replied laughing a bit at the end.

"Don't worry about you? You're our little sister, we are coming to back you up whether you like it or not!" I heard Dean say into the phone.

"Didn't realize I was on speaker, but I'm a big girl, I can do this by myself. Oh, and don't try to track me down, I turned off my phone gps, and changed my plates so you can't, I'll see you in a few days," I said about to hang up.

"Laura don't you dare hang up this phone," Dean said in a stern voice.

"I'm going to hang up now so you can't trace the call, again see you in a few days," I said hanging up. I didn't realize how upset they would be that I was hunting, but what did they expect? Hunting is my life and I'm not going to stop because their scared.

When I got to the town I saw that it was just a simple vengeful spirit, so I found the body and salted and burned the bones. The case only took me about two days to finish, so I texted Sam and headed back to the bunker. When I walked in, I swear the boys looked like parents waiting for their teenage daughter to come home from the party she snuck out to.

"Laura you can't just leave without telling us," Sam said trying to stay calm.

"I didn't, I left a note," I replied simply.

"Hunting is a hard job, you can't do it alone Laura," Dean said giving me a stern look.

"Bullshit I can't do it alone. I realize your trying to make up for lost time or whatever, but do I have to fucking remind you what I have been doing my whole life? Oh yeah hunting, just like you. So sorry if I don't ask you every time I head out on a case," I said starting to walk to my room.

"Laura we aren't going to let you hunt alone anymore, either we do it together or you don't hunt," Dean said.

"I'm sorry did you say you're not going to let me? What are you gonna do tie me up again?" I asked a bit concerned that they actually might.

"No, it's just that nobody can do this alone," Sam said.

"Again, bullshit. If I'm not mistaken your friend Bobby handled most of his cases on his own? And your friend Garth? And I'm pretty sure our Dad did the majority of his cases alone too, correct me if I'm wrong," I inquired.

"Laura, I'm not telling you again, if you don't hunt with us you don't hunt," Dean stated as if I would actually listen this time.

"Dean, I'm not telling you again, I hunt alone," I said and exited the room. When I arrived at my bedroom, I closed the door behind me, but then heard a funny noise. I went to open the door again, but it was locked.

"I'm sorry, but you're grounded for a week," Sam said through the door.

"GROUNDED?? I am 23 fucking years old you can't ground me!" I yelled at him.

"We are your brothers and we are grounding you, deal with it," Dean said, and I could just imagine his smug little face.

"Ground this asshats," I said as I kicked my door repeatedly. I knew I could kick it in after a few tries, and I did.

"Remember I'm just as strong as you two, and I've already beaten your asses before, I won't hesitate to do it again if you try to do anything like that," I said walking away. I then left the bunker, with no note this time and just drove for a little bit. The boys were blowing up my phone but I didn't care, I was going to see a friend, who also happened to know my brothers.